Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 46,097 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ReadItLater BROKEN on Flyer/Evo View?

Tip us?

Paul22000
Old
(Last edited by Paul22000; 25th April 2012 at 10:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
Default ReadItLater BROKEN on Flyer/Evo View?

As of the update to "Pocket" yesterday morning, all articles are showing as completely blank with no text. I've tried clearing all data, uninstalling, and changing font/display options but still no text shows at all.

Anyone else had this happen??

Paul22000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
Looks like it's specific to our device?

Quote:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...64597540174948

April 17, 2012 (HTC Flyer with version 4.0)
Articles not showing
List of articles visible, but, page is empty when selecting an article to view. Was working before upgrading to new version. Please fix soon! Using HTC Flyer.
Quote:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...13013703572625

nakvic on April 17, 2012 (HTC Flyer with version 4.0)
Disappointed
It does not show any article neither as article nor as web view. Everything what I see - blank white screen. It looks like you use webView that somehow does not display anything. Very disappointed... Besides, it is now very slow.

Paul22000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
I guess not many people use this app?

n7of9
Old
(Last edited by n7of9; 19th April 2012 at 08:11 AM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 149
RIL is now called POCKET in the play store...it has always worked for me
.Nexii. N5 stock rooted, Xposed and Gravity box - i feel so free!! || N7 CleanROM v4.0 || N7.2 Minimus

eastway11
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I have same problem. Pocket work well on my Desire, but not on Flyer... Articles are blank
What's the problem?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

Paul22000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by n7of9 View Post
RIL is now called POCKET in the play store...it has always worked for me
Did you even read the first post at all? I mentioned Pocket in only the 6th word of the post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul22000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xxxxxxxxxxam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey Paul,

This is the Android Dev for Pocket. I've gotten a couple reports about this issue specifically on the HTC Flyer. I have been scratching my brain trying to figure out what the problem could be. It is interesting that it is so limited to one particular device. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Flyer.

Can you send me a screen shot of what you are seeing? Are you able to switch to the Web View ok? Is it only blank for the Article View?

Best,
Max

(Note to others: If you have other issues/questions related to Pocket, please contact us at support@getpocket.com rather than messaging me directly. Thanks.)

soulseller
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the exact same problem. Is there any way to down grade from pocket to RIL while they are trying to fix these issues?

Skickat från min HTC Flyer P510e via Tapatalk 2

veethree
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxxam View Post
Hey Paul,

This is the Android Dev for Pocket. I've gotten a couple reports about this issue specifically on the HTC Flyer. I have been scratching my brain trying to figure out what the problem could be. It is interesting that it is so limited to one particular device. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Flyer.

Can you send me a screen shot of what you are seeing? Are you able to switch to the Web View ok? Is it only blank for the Article View?

Best,
Max

(Note to others: If you have other issues/questions related to Pocket, please contact us at support@getpocket.com rather than messaging me directly. Thanks.)
Did you get a reply to this, xx? My Flyer pen is at the office right now, so it's a little difficult to take a screen shot but all elements of the page appear, icons an all, but there is simply no text or pictures to the article. It's completely blank. This happens in both Article and Web View. Will post a screen shot when I have a chance.

rydehard86
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I have the same issue. It's driving me crazy. I love the app, but no text.

Sent from my Fresh Evo 4g