Thread Closed

Forum Specific Moderator and || THE OFFICIAL OFF-TOPIC THREAD! ||

23rd April 2012, 05:07 AM   |  #201  
OP RC-RT Liaison - Devil's Advocate
Thanks Meter: 9,895

11,390 posts
Ok this is actually a good idea.. only thing is, how many of such threads are open and if it is worth having a different section if it is only a few.

Now that you have new assigned moderators, I would let them settle in a bit.. and then probably discuss with them.. Maybe we can look at making a couple of stickies.. directing people to original dev and just dev..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbeast

Request to PG101

I don't know if he has enough rights to do this, or if this is even a good idea, but I just had a thought about how the Galaxy 3 Development Forum is now extremely cluttered with custom ROMs.

The thing is, there is two types of development: original development (like CM7/9/OpenFIMG/kernel development/all those nice scripts and things that get a function in a ROM working, like Beats and the video codecs) and then there is modifications/ROM cooking which is kind of development, but it's also kind of not.

No matter if you take it as development or not, I'm not here to debate that. What I do request though is that Custom ROMs that are a modification of another ROM (and I'm not excluding my Kyorarom from this list) be moved into a separate thread. This idea came from looking at the Galaxy S2 forums where they have SGS2 Original Development, and just SGS2 Development.

I think this will make it much easier for people who are new to the community to be able to find where everything is kept and will separate all the biggest projects and most important developments for our device (OpenFIMG etc) from getting covered by a swarm of themed ROMs.

The Following User Says Thank You to PG101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #202  
Recognized Developer
Flag IN YOUR HEAD
Thanks Meter: 3,999

2,278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG101

Ok this is actually a good idea.. only thing is, how many of such threads are open and if it is worth having a different section if it is only a few.

Now that you have new assigned moderators, I would let them settle in a bit.. and then probably discuss with them.. Maybe we can look at making a couple of stickies.. directing people to original dev and just dev..

There are actually many(not really, wish there were), kernels (fugumod, g3mod, kyora, astrum, and others) can stay in original, alongwith CM6 | 7 | 9 , AOSP and OpenFIMG threads, and maybe a few threads more than those, rest can be in Android Development (that makes about 20-25 threads in Original, and all the rest in Android Development)
23rd April 2012, 05:34 AM   |  #203  
Recognized Developer
Flag Dunedin
Thanks Meter: 6,740

2,668 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdesai

There are actually many(not really, wish there were), kernels (fugumod, g3mod, kyora, astrum, and others) can stay in original, alongwith CM6 | 7 | 9 , AOSP and OpenFIMG threads, and maybe a few threads more than those, rest can be in Android Development (that makes about 20-25 threads in Original, and all the rest in Android Development)

As well as that, all the threads about scripts like App2SD, and all those sorts of things belong in Original Development as someone had to spend time coding those things from scratch (or adapting them for the Galaxy 3) which is original development in my opinion.

I believe the definition should be 'was there a reasonable amount of coding required in the creation of this', but it is all down to moderators discretion over whether they deem it original or not.
23rd April 2012, 02:43 PM   |  #204  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Musselkanaal
Thanks Meter: 5,685

2,041 posts
More
Hello to all!

I am your newly assigned moderator and was put here to kick some *ss
So behave

Mwah, I'm not that bad, I guess we all will get along.
Of course the same rules as PG101 stated in first post still apply

If you have any questions, comments etc. do not hesistate to contact me
Last edited by _Arjen_; 23rd April 2012 at 02:45 PM.
23rd April 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #205  
Flag Behind you...
Thanks Meter: 327

355 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Arjen_

Hello to all!

I am your newly assigned moderator and was put here to kick some *ss
So behave

Mwah, I'm not that bad, I guess we all will get along.
Of course the same rules as PG101 stated in first post still apply

If you have any questions, comments etc. do not hesistate to contact me

Wow, familiar flag
24th April 2012, 11:50 AM   |  #206  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Musselkanaal
Thanks Meter: 5,685

2,041 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbeast

Request to PG101

I don't know if he has enough rights to do this, or if this is even a good idea, but I just had a thought about how the Galaxy 3 Development Forum is now extremely cluttered with custom ROMs.

The thing is, there is two types of development: original development (like CM7/9/OpenFIMG/kernel development/all those nice scripts and things that get a function in a ROM working, like Beats and the video codecs) and then there is modifications/ROM cooking which is kind of development, but it's also kind of not.

No matter if you take it as development or not, I'm not here to debate that. What I do request though is that Custom ROMs that are a modification of another ROM (and I'm not excluding my Kyorarom from this list) be moved into a separate thread. This idea came from looking at the Galaxy S2 forums where they have SGS2 Original Development, and just SGS2 Development.

I think this will make it much easier for people who are new to the community to be able to find where everything is kept and will separate all the biggest projects and most important developments for our device (OpenFIMG etc) from getting covered by a swarm of themed ROMs.

I also agree it is a good idea, at LG Optimus One forums we had the same question and it is changed there. I will discuss it and let you know
The Following User Says Thank You to _Arjen_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 12:09 PM   |  #207  
Flag Xroads, Belgie
Thanks Meter: 36

311 posts
More
+1 here too
27th April 2012, 10:50 AM   |  #208  
Flag 25.00 N, 71.00 W
Thanks Meter: 435

1,616 posts
More
One More Request to the mods.

We have two similar threads of posting the home screen in the Galaxy 3 forum. One is by kyrillos13 which is in the general section and other is by dxdiag32 which is in the themes section.

The one by kyrillos13 says "Post your Homescreens" while the other says "Show those desktop and those widgets" which is the same. Both the threads are overlapping and a newbie could get confused. So my suggestion is that, if possible, merge both the thread or close one.

Thanks,
ak700

Links
- Post your Homescreen by kyrillos13
- Show those desktop and widget by dxdiag32
1st May 2012, 07:05 AM   |  #209  
Thanks Meter: 185

357 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak700

One More Request to the mods.

We have two similar threads of posting the home screen in the Galaxy 3 forum. One is by kyrillos13 which is in the general section and other is by dxdiag32 which is in the themes section.

The one by kyrillos13 says "Post your Homescreens" while the other says "Show those desktop and those widgets" which is the same. Both the threads are overlapping and a newbie could get confused. So my suggestion is that, if possible, merge both the thread or close one.

Thanks,
ak700

Links
- Post your Homescreen by kyrillos13
- Show those desktop and widget by dxdiag32

What's up with your Lewa OS Port? :P :P

And overlapping if possible can be done but it is not fair to close one coz it would be unfair man.. You won't feel good if your one thread was closed coz a similar by someone else was there.... and no one is that noob :P They can remain there.. There are many other issues in Android Development section.. Many In-Progress threads that people make MONTHS before they post there work and if they discontinue before release they don't tell to delete there thread....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A request to new MOD -

HERE is a thread by me.. The MIUI GB port.. A similar work is been was posted by XDA Senior Member ash!sh and rubensollie or whatever is also making this ROM and he says HE WILL POST IT.. If you find this post you can delete it.. I don't know exactly if it deserves this so please check and take action required.. I think I already PMed but you said under review and then no reply :P
5th May 2012, 07:48 AM   |  #210  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 704

2,459 posts
More
Please close this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1636334

Queries like those should be in the best rom discussion thread in the general section. Thanks mods.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-i9003 powered by Stable and Smooth CyanogenMod 9!

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread