Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 37,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Delete or keep scrolling!!!!!

Tip us?

Orange_furball
Old
(Last edited by Orange_furball; 23rd April 2012 at 05:34 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Default Delete or keep scrolling!!!!!

Nevermind! Delete or leave this thread to rot in the dark trench of old xda posts that will never be read again...
Current Devices:

Apple iPhone 5 16GB (Black)::::iOS 7 (Beta 5)

OUYA::::StockPlus ROM

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 16 GB::::CyanogenMod 10.1

Retired/Sold devices:

HTC Aria, AT&T Fusion 2, iPhone 3GS, HTC Surround, Samsung Galaxy Note i717, some dumb phones, MID generic tablet, HP TouchPad, ASUS Transformer Pad TF101, ASUS Transformer Pad TF201, Nokia Lumia 900, ASUS Nexus 7, LG Nexus 4.

jask0
Old
Thanks Meter 3
lol. I'm sure they all want it to work as well. Just give it time.

Orange_furball
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jask0 View Post
lol. I'm sure they all want it to work as well. Just give it time.
There are more problems that developers see as more important. This will give them a reason to work on the camera problem now rather than later!

#GalaxyNoteI717
Current Devices:

Retired/Sold devices:

HTC Aria, AT&T Fusion 2, iPhone 3GS, HTC Surround, Samsung Galaxy Note i717, some dumb phones, MID generic tablet, HP TouchPad, ASUS Transformer Pad TF101, ASUS Transformer Pad TF201, Nokia Lumia 900, ASUS Nexus 7, LG Nexus 4.

lynyrd65
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_furball View Post
I will update this with new pledges. This will be paid to the first dev or team of devs who can get the camera working on a cm9 build. Post your amount. Will be payed through PayPal and if you pledge you must pay.

*******Pledges**********
Orange_furball -- $10

The build must me stable.

Please use this thread for discussion and not trolling/flaming.

sent from me TouchPad. ICS of course.
Bounty threads aren't a good idea and this is why,

Devs don't want to be held to something, that's why the devs that know what they're doing won't take bounties. Most times, devs don't know how far they will get when working on a project or the shear quantity of work required. They may hit roadblocks which push projects out for weeks or even months. Sometimes problems may have no discoverable or designable solution at all. This is also the reason dev's don't like to give out ETA's.

Also, most devs have good jobs and don't want/need the money. As an example, Steve Kondik works for Samsung while developing cyanogenmod.

Some also have to kang others works to get the results people want. As a result they don't feel like they deserve the bounty and if they did they would feel obligated to divvy up the bounty to other devs responsible for getting things working. For example, I technically could have taken a bounty for getting working WiMax settings on the Nexus S 4G, but I really only discovered it, Google did the work in baking it in.
Sprint Galaxy S III
T-Mobile Galaxy S 4G

Petition to make carrier locking illegal
The Following User Says Thank You to lynyrd65 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Orange_furball
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynyrd65 View Post
Bounty threads aren't a good idea and this is why,

Devs don't want to be held to something, that's why the devs that know what they're doing won't take bounties. Most times, devs don't know how far they will get when working on a project or the shear quantity of work required. They may hit roadblocks which push projects out for weeks or even months. Sometimes problems may have no discoverable or designable solution at all. This is also the reason dev's don't like to give out ETA's.

Also, most devs have good jobs and don't want/need the money. As an example, Steve Kondik works for Samsung while developing cyanogenmod.

Some also have to kang others works to get the results people want. As a result they don't feel like they deserve the bounty and if they did they would feel obligated to divvy up the bounty to other devs responsible for getting things working. For example, I technically could have taken a bounty for getting working WiMax settings on the Nexus S 4G, but I really only discovered it, Google did the work in baking it in.
I see What you mean there. Never thought of it that way! Thanks! this thread may die in peace....

#GalaxyNoteI717
Current Devices:

Retired/Sold devices: