5,599,394 Members 37,981 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CWM backup location, can it be changed to the internal storage?

Tip us?

celkin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232
Default [Q] CWM backup location, can it be changed to the internal storage?

This might be a stupid question, but better to ask then regret it when the time comes. I recently purchased a 32 GB Duracell class 4 sd card, I don't really trust the thing as much as I should, it acts strange at times when it comes to apps running off of it and such. Anyways the question is when you preform a nandroid backup with CWM it auto defaults to the backup directory within the CWM folder on the SD card. Is there a way to change the location of this folder to the internal storage on the device itself? Or when it comes time to restore a backup choose your own location? I trust the phones storage so much more then this sketch SD card.
Thanks for the assistance.

studacris
Old
(Last edited by studacris; 23rd April 2012 at 06:16 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4065

DONATE TO ME
Take out the card when you wanna back up b restore without the external directory it should switch to internal
What's the best nation on Earth?
DONATION!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to studacris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

celkin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by studacris View Post
Take out the card when you wanna back up b restore without the external factory it should switch to internal
See, thats exactly why I love this site, wouldn't of thought of such a simple solution. Thank you.

braway
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 704

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackendsoul View Post
This might be a stupid question, but better to ask then regret it when the time comes. I recently purchased a 32 GB Duracell class 4 sd card, I don't really trust the thing as much as I should, it acts strange at times when it comes to apps running off of it and such. Anyways the question is when you preform a nandroid backup with CWM it auto defaults to the backup directory within the CWM folder on the SD card. Is there a way to change the location of this folder to the internal storage on the device itself? Or when it comes time to restore a backup choose your own location? I trust the phones storage so much more then this sketch SD card.
Thanks for the assistance.
in cwm, there should always be the option to use the internal sdcard (at least with "my" cwms :P)