[Q] CWM backup location, can it be changed to the internal storage?

OP celkin

23rd April 2012, 12:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 232

683 posts
More
This might be a stupid question, but better to ask then regret it when the time comes. I recently purchased a 32 GB Duracell class 4 sd card, I don't really trust the thing as much as I should, it acts strange at times when it comes to apps running off of it and such. Anyways the question is when you preform a nandroid backup with CWM it auto defaults to the backup directory within the CWM folder on the SD card. Is there a way to change the location of this folder to the internal storage on the device itself? Or when it comes time to restore a backup choose your own location? I trust the phones storage so much more then this sketch SD card.
Thanks for the assistance.
23rd April 2012, 01:34 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 4,068

5,347 posts
Donate to Me
More
Take out the card when you wanna back up b restore without the external directory it should switch to internal
Last edited by studacris; 23rd April 2012 at 06:16 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to studacris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 01:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 232

683 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by studacris

Take out the card when you wanna back up b restore without the external factory it should switch to internal

See, thats exactly why I love this site, wouldn't of thought of such a simple solution. Thank you.
23rd April 2012, 05:39 AM   |  #4  
Retired Recognized Developer
MN
Thanks Meter: 705

241 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackendsoul

This might be a stupid question, but better to ask then regret it when the time comes. I recently purchased a 32 GB Duracell class 4 sd card, I don't really trust the thing as much as I should, it acts strange at times when it comes to apps running off of it and such. Anyways the question is when you preform a nandroid backup with CWM it auto defaults to the backup directory within the CWM folder on the SD card. Is there a way to change the location of this folder to the internal storage on the device itself? Or when it comes time to restore a backup choose your own location? I trust the phones storage so much more then this sketch SD card.
Thanks for the assistance.

in cwm, there should always be the option to use the internal sdcard (at least with "my" cwms :P)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread