Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Re: [CM7/MIUI Kernel][KANG][APR18][NEW] ETaNa v3.0.y with Spica (c) OTF ToolKit

Tip us?
 
Najmuddin NP
Old
#1  
Najmuddin NP's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 169
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
Default Re: [CM7/MIUI Kernel][KANG][APR18][NEW] ETaNa v3.0.y with Spica (c) OTF ToolKit

Am new to android so plz correct me if am wrong.
1.Does this kernel have any bugs?
2.And if yes which would be a stable kernel for cm 7

Am experiencing network drops and battery is acting kinda weird like one moment it will be on 90 and the other it will be 80 ( and yeah I have calliberated after charging it to 100% ). Is there anyone else with this problem.. sorry I didn't have the patience for reading this entire thread. ( sorry for my bad English. ) So please help..

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
 
Pascalone19
Old
#2  
Pascalone19's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 54
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najmuddin NP View Post
Am new to android so plz correct me if am wrong.
1.Does this kernel have any bugs?
2.And if yes which would be a stable kernel for cm 7

Am experiencing network drops and battery is acting kinda weird like one moment it will be on 90 and the other it will be 80 ( and yeah I have calliberated after charging it to 100% ). Is there anyone else with this problem.. sorry I didn't have the patience for reading this entire thread. ( sorry for my bad English. ) So please help..

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
Hello I installed this kernel looks on cm7 and have not had any problems, bugs or viruses, is very stable and has frequent updates!
If you have been of help to press on Thanks!
 
DrummerMuppet
Old
#3  
DrummerMuppet's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 503
Posts: 596
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Caracas
From what I have read in that thread, that kernel has a bug that makes /system read-only. There's also a workaround to fix it, though.

Sent using some sticks and gum, just as McGyver would
 
k101d
Old
#4  
k101d's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 250
Posts: 809
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hatyai
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerMuppet View Post
From what I have read in that thread, that kernel has a bug that makes /system read-only. There's also a workaround to fix it, though.

Sent using some sticks and gum, just as McGyver would
Not for me I always can set R/W for /system this kernel work like a charm.
 
Najmuddin NP
Old
(Last edited by Najmuddin NP; 23rd April 2012 at 06:03 AM.)
#5  
Najmuddin NP's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 169
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
But what does R/W has to do with battery level fluctuations.. network is kind of stable now. But the battery level fluctuations are occurring as usual. Am I the only one with this kind of weird problem ...

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
 
Najmuddin NP
Old
#6  
Najmuddin NP's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 169
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
Really good kernel.. that's what holding me back from flashing another kernel.. please some one help..

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
 
Cydras
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 69
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Saarwellingen
Yes this Kernel is good, but he have the r/w issue...

Because that, i use the ETaNa 2.6 Kernel. He runs also very nice and have a good battery life
 
Najmuddin NP
Old
#8  
Najmuddin NP's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 169
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
Perhaps the DS battery driver was causing the problem with the weird battery readings... just flashed a kernel without it everythings back to normal.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
 
k101d
Old
#9  
k101d's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 250
Posts: 809
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hatyai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydras View Post
Yes this Kernel is good, but he have the r/w issue...

Because that, i use the ETaNa 2.6 Kernel. He runs also very nice and have a good battery life
Try to install new superuser from play store it solved my problem about system R/W.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Get Your Cargo to its Destination in 4×4 Military Operations Reborn

Racing games have evolved quite a bit since the days of Pole … more

Automate Your Device with Sfen

Changing the profile of yourdevice manually is now long forgotten. Since the advent of Android automation … more

Galaxy Photo Screen Lock Displays a Photo Slideshow on Your Lock Screen

Being the most often looked at part of our devices UI, the lock … more

Boost the LG G3 Speaker and Headphone Volume

It seems like OEMs are stepping up their game, with regards to thequality of their devices sound … more