Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,461 Members 47,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lapdock...?

Tip us?

redrapt0r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Lapdock...?

Hey guys!!

Well I recently have acquired a Droid Razr. My Nexus has given me MANY troubles and was able to trade it in for the Razr. Now I am intrigued by the lapdocks. I have a GIANT alienware which is a beautiful and amazing laptop, but its to damn bulky to travel with back and forth to class with. I want something I can do some basic term papers on, surf the web and just use for general use. My question(s) are:

A) How good are these docks?
B) Is the 500 significantly better than the 100?
C) Can I still get the on contract price with my newly acquired razr?
D) I have an HP touchpad rooted with ICS, would it make more sense to use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse vs the lapdock?
E) Where is the cheapest place to get these and do they generally run for cheaper than on amazon?

Thanks in advance!
HP Touchpad-CM9/WebOS
Ipad Mini 1st Gen
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Sprint)

obededom
Old
Thanks Meter 14
...this too, is relevant to my interests
reppin my blokk

current device: VZW Droid DNA

Sparkimus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have the 100 and it's pretty handy. I use it at work since all of our software is web-based and it works well. I also use it for browsing at home and doing work for school. It can be a bit slow at times, but it's usable. I picked mine up from the local corporate VZW store for 199.97, which is the cheapest I've seen it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Adauth
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Love my 500

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

Current Devices - LG G2 / LG G Pad 8.3 GPE

droidxrooting
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I hated mine and i was thinking to sell it. The catch was using it with a wireless mouse. It is pain to use the touchpad. Once I used a wireless mouse the lapdock started to appeal more and more to me. I have an Asus G series and I used to take it to work. Now my laptop is always at home and I use my lapdock .

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA Premium App

omnia38
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I enjoy the Lapdock so much more sense I installed the leaked ICS ROM. It takes away Firefox, and get you a phone/tablet experience. I like that you can run app in phone or tablet resolutions.

Adauth
Old
Thanks Meter 70
You can get some deals on ebay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

Current Devices - LG G2 / LG G Pad 8.3 GPE

ron6400
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Quick office 4.1.20 on Motorola MB860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkimus View Post
I have the 100 and it's pretty handy. I use it at work since all of our software is web-based and it works well. I also use it for browsing at home and doing work for school. It can be a bit slow at times, but it's usable. I picked mine up from the local corporate VZW store for 199.97, which is the cheapest I've seen it.

Hi, good to know that you can use the lapdock effectively

How do you use your quick office app , i cant seem to expand it to "full screen", when it expands to full screen it just comes in the center and that serves no purpose. Is there an addon or something so that i can add to expand my documents to full screen so that work can be easy.
I am using Quick office 4.1.20 on Motorola MB860.
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Ron

ron6400
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron6400 View Post

How do you use your quick office app , i cant seem to expand it to "full screen", when it expands to full screen it just comes in the center and that serves no purpose. Is there an addon or something so that i can add to expand my documents to full screen so that work can be easy.
Thanks
Ron

Thanks ,,,,,,,,,,, figured it out .

Sparkimus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron6400 View Post

Thanks
Ron
For me using Google Docs through the Firefox browser works better for document editing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkimus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]