TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab Screen Take Apart Repair Guide

OP repairsuniverse

9th April 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 764
 
624 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Does your outer touchscreen for Galaxy Tab has been damaged or cracked? This take apart repair guide shows you how to disassemble the Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab cell phone quickly and safely. This guide can assist with the installation of replacement parts.

This guide will help you to install the following Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab part:
  • Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement

Tools Required:
  • Safe Open Pry Tool
  • Tri Wings Screwdriver
  • Small Philips Screwdriver
  • Adhesive Stips (For Touch Screen Digitizer Replacements)

Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab Take apart guide:
  • There are two screws at the bottom of the unit, and under two small plastic discs, use your small blade to remove this. With the discs remove you can use your tri wings screw drivers to remove the two screws as shown in Figure 1.


Figure 1
  • Using your case opener tool begin to pry the back case of the unit be careful the buttons on the sides start from the bottom and work your way around.
  • With the back case remove, you can now remove the battery, the battery is held to the motherboard with the single screw and the connector, use your Philip screw driver to remove the screw and your case opener tool to pry the connector free, and gently pull the battery from the unit.
  • There are seven screws that you'll need to remove from the motherboard as shown in Figure 2. You can now remove the six ribbon connectors on the motherboard. These connectors for the back facing camera. After removing the connector gently pull up and the camera will come up as well.


Figure 2
  • These connectors for the back facing camera. After removing the connector gently pull up and the camera will come out as well. With the screws and connectors remove, you can now lift the motherboard from the unit.
  • Carefully remove the ribbon cable for the LCD from the connector on the back of the screen assembly. Use your case opener tool to pull out the plastic tab.
  • You can now apply heat to the outside edges (front of device). We suggest using a heat gun or hair dryer. 30 seconds to a minute is all you will need to loosen the adhesive. Immediately use a safe open pry tool on the outside edges of the screen and the housing. Re-heat if necessary.
  • Remove the housing from the screen assembly. You can now use a safe open pry tool to release the touch screen from the LCD screen. Apply heat if needed.
  • Your Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 is now disassembled and the appropriate parts can be replaced.
  • To reassemble, follow this guide in reverse.
Simply reverse the order to put the phone back together.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to repairsuniverse For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 4
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Thanks, useful. Been looking for something like this. Using guitar pick...

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk
10th April 2012, 02:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 764
 
624 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffmonster

Thanks, useful. Been looking for something like this. Using guitar pick...

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Glad it helped!!
22nd April 2012, 12:04 PM   |  #4  
Member
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 34
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Question What kind of adhesive is used to re-attach the digitizer
I just stuck a cheap 1 $ Screen guard on my tab... as it was bigger in size than my tab... i had to use a cutter to cut it and so i inserted the cutter in between the panel and the glass digitizer in all the four sides for cutting the extra part of screen guard.... and today after a week i saw the digitizer coming off the tab.... pls help me wat to do... the four corners of he digzer and the inside panel are still a bit sticky....
What kind of adhesive is used to re-attach the digitizer. Or maybe the soft gasket around the display melts and becomes the adhesive under heat?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120422_140810.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	1018529   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120422_140826.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	233.9 KB
ID:	1018530   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120422_140851.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	1018531   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120422_140929.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	1018532  
22nd April 2012, 11:39 PM   |  #5  
alexgogan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 26
 
332 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Hi

Repaired two of mine and on went perfectly but the other has mess with green but if I push down on the tab screen then it is perfect.

Been debating weather to take apart again and resit everything. Also noticed on LCD itself there is a like loose liquid pattern ( if you know what I mean) nor to sure if they are connected.

Regards

Here is the pic
if you can see the green pattern

now here is when I push the screen in slightly


Just wondering before I go and take apart again is there any point or is there anything you can advise?

Sent from my LT26i using XDA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-29 14.30.09.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1030858   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-29 14.30.21.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1030859  
Last edited by alexgogan; 29th April 2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: uploading pictures
23rd April 2012, 07:24 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 764
 
624 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by saheb_mnm

I just stuck a cheap 1 $ Screen guard on my tab... as it was bigger in size than my tab... i had to use a cutter to cut it and so i inserted the cutter in between the panel and the glass digitizer in all the four sides for cutting the extra part of screen guard.... and today after a week i saw the digitizer coming off the tab.... pls help me wat to do... the four corners of he digzer and the inside panel are still a bit sticky....
What kind of adhesive is used to re-attach the digitizer. Or maybe the soft gasket around the display melts and becomes the adhesive under heat?

We recommend the adhesive strips here to create a secure bond. These are the correct thickness strips for the touch screen. Digitizer adhesive strips
24th April 2012, 08:35 AM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffmonster

Thanks, useful. Been looking for something like this. Using guitar pick...

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk

That's pretty clever, really. Not sure why I haven't thought of using a guitar pick rather than stocking up on "Special Service Tools."
2nd May 2012, 09:07 AM   |  #8  
Member
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 34
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Arrow do u deliver in india????
Quote:
Originally Posted by repairsuniverse

We recommend the adhesive strips here to create a secure bond. These are the correct thickness strips for the touch screen. Digitizer adhesive strips

do u deliver in india????

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgogan

Hi

Repaired two of mine and on went perfectly but the other has mess with green but if I push down on the tab screen then it is perfect.

Been debating weather to take apart again and resit everything. Also noticed on LCD itself there is a like loose liquid pattern ( if you know what I mean) nor to sure if they are connected.

Regards

Here is the pic
if you can see the green pattern

now here is when I push the screen in slightly


Just wondering before I go and take apart again is there any point or is there anything you can advise?

Sent from my LT26i using XDA


I Just want to know wat glue u used to stick the screen back....
how did u stick the Touch Digitizer...???
3rd May 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #9  
alexgogan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 26
 
332 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
I got 3M 2mm double sided tape for this, Repair Universe screen I think comes with the tape on it, and if it doesn't its about $4
3rd May 2012, 07:07 PM   |  #10  
Member
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 34
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgogan

I got 3M 2mm double sided tape for this, Repair Universe screen I think comes with the tape on it, and if it doesn't its about $4


thank You ... i am just wondering where can I get it.....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy tab, repair, samsung, screen assembly, screen repair
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes