how to get to unlock menu on lg nitro ?

20th April 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

472 posts
More
I have LG nitro HD locked to AT&T, I have cyanogenmod ROM. I do have unlock code.
I'm trying to carrier unlock, but when I insert "not accepted" SIM card it doesn't ask for unlock code.
So I try the other method - dial 2945#*930# and nothing happens.
What can I do?
21st April 2012, 05:52 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

472 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutubmiahuk

better contact with lg they can give you right suggestion

it's the cyanogen rom for sure, I don't think lg would know..
22nd April 2012, 07:32 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
from what I have seen on my phone and other phones if you are using CM7/CM9 or possibly other custom roms that are not based on the stock rom you will not be able to use some of the dialer codes. that could be the reason you are not able to unlock the phone. you will need to flash a stock rom and unlock the phone. then you can go back to your rom and have the phone unlocked
23rd April 2012, 06:45 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

472 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniterm

from what I have seen on my phone and other phones if you are using CM7/CM9 or possibly other custom roms that are not based on the stock rom you will not be able to use some of the dialer codes. that could be the reason you are not able to unlock the phone. you will need to flash a stock rom and unlock the phone. then you can go back to your rom and have the phone unlocked

yea thats what i did, thanks
i wish those codes would work on custom roms, like CM
23rd August 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Hi smashcz, did you flash a stock ROM, then you are able to unlock the phone? i have exactly some problem, without unlock, i did my flash.
so first question, there is no other way can unlock after flash a new ROM? second, where did you get "Sotck ROM"? from LG website or from backup? i did backup before flash, could i restore it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank