5,593,293 Members 33,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to get to unlock menu on lg nitro ?

Tip us?

smashcz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Question how to get to unlock menu on lg nitro ?

I have LG nitro HD locked to AT&T, I have cyanogenmod ROM. I do have unlock code.
I'm trying to carrier unlock, but when I insert "not accepted" SIM card it doesn't ask for unlock code.
So I try the other method - dial 2945#*930# and nothing happens.
What can I do?

smashcz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutubmiahuk View Post
better contact with lg they can give you right suggestion
it's the cyanogen rom for sure, I don't think lg would know..

omniterm
Old
Thanks Meter 1
from what I have seen on my phone and other phones if you are using CM7/CM9 or possibly other custom roms that are not based on the stock rom you will not be able to use some of the dialer codes. that could be the reason you are not able to unlock the phone. you will need to flash a stock rom and unlock the phone. then you can go back to your rom and have the phone unlocked

smashcz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniterm View Post
from what I have seen on my phone and other phones if you are using CM7/CM9 or possibly other custom roms that are not based on the stock rom you will not be able to use some of the dialer codes. that could be the reason you are not able to unlock the phone. you will need to flash a stock rom and unlock the phone. then you can go back to your rom and have the phone unlocked
yea thats what i did, thanks
i wish those codes would work on custom roms, like CM

Stovine
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi smashcz, did you flash a stock ROM, then you are able to unlock the phone? i have exactly some problem, without unlock, i did my flash.
so first question, there is no other way can unlock after flash a new ROM? second, where did you get "Sotck ROM"? from LG website or from backup? i did backup before flash, could i restore it?