Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Liquid damage indicator on defy

OP brajesh.sharma87

17th October 2011, 05:30 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 2,549

1,688 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abysstheking

why on earth would you say that???i have been using Motorola handsets for over 5 years now...NEVER had a problem unless and untill i messed up something...and search properly in the box, u will find a note saying that the phone is "water resistant"...its not water proof...so the motorola people are not suggesting to dip your phone in water...anyways, i did it...and my phone is working fine!

No offence.
I never dipped it. Only accidently it went in water for 10 sec and a water resistant if not water proof cud have given a diff. result.

Peace....!!!!!

Sent from my Moto Defy
17th October 2011, 09:55 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 136

544 posts
More
So far I've hosed it down, dropped it in the pool, heck even swam with it in a river no problems with the battery or indicators whatsoever. So I'd say mine is pretty much waterproof.

Sent from Android 2.3.7
18th October 2011, 02:49 AM   |  #13  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 157

967 posts
More
All these depends on QC pass when the device was manufatured. Some might have a litte tiny not 100% perfect but was given the PASS from QC. It's base on how lucky you are when you hit the store to buy your Defy. However, it's not wise testing the device water proofness and toughness anyway. It advertised as tough phone and defying everyday life but doesn't mean consumer need to go beaingt and torture it and start complaining when it fail..

....Peace....
18th October 2011, 05:25 PM   |  #14  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 696

460 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brjshshrma

Dont even try that. Seriously dude, u might not be the lucky one to save ur defy. Moto is a fake. They have been thrown away from india but they came up with android only handsets, failed again. They suck in service and quality. Regret having a moto device .

Sent from my Moto Defy

Before putting your Defy in water you need to understand what IP67 means and what is the phoen designed to resist.

I took my Defy to a water park and it was amazing. I have some really cool videos and pics underwater, got a video in a Waterslide and so on.

Few things to understand about IP67:
-Phone resists 30 mins under water, at 1m depth, and NOT MOVING.

Once your phone goes into water you have to avoid rapid moves with it, when you move the phone under water, you can create pressure equivalent to having the phone 50m underwater (standing still).

Another really important thing is the rubber on the USB/Headphone/Battery Cover. You cant touch this rubber, nor apply any kind of oil based grease (Sweat, Vaseline) on it, cause it kills the water resistance attribute of it and actually dryes the rubber.

Its recommended to apply a bit of Silicone based Grease every few months to keep the rubber in good condition, after about 3 years it will eventually lose its properties and start leaking water.

If you are taking your phone to a water-adventure day like I did, I recommend using a bit of duct tape on the USB port and Headphone to avoid it getting accidentaly open.
18th October 2011, 05:50 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 11

87 posts
More
if i remember rightly the defy isn't actually stated as being ip67 rated..motorola shyed away from it
18th October 2011, 06:31 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abysstheking

why on earth would you say that???i have been using Motorola handsets for over 5 years now...NEVER had a problem unless and untill i messed up something...and search properly in the box, u will find a note saying that the phone is "water resistant"...its not water proof...so the motorola people are not suggesting to dip your phone in water...anyways, i did it...and my phone is working fine!

I'm scared of trying to put it in water
23rd April 2012, 07:55 AM   |  #17  
Flag Vijaywada
Thanks Meter: 167

513 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajesh.sharma87

Dont even try that. Seriously dude, u might not be the lucky one to save ur defy. Moto is a fake. They have been thrown away from india but they came up with android only handsets, failed again. They suck in service and quality. Regret having a moto device .

Sent from my Moto Defy

bro..Moto Is not fake im using from 6 years they never failed on me ..even i have atrix too moto really rocks service may be not good in your area in my area Moto is the Top Seller and most selling phone is razr...in my area Motorola Number one and samsung number 2 And HTC number 3 and Motorola is not failed in india with Android They are innovative if u still dont like your defy then sell it and buy another android phone Please Dont bash anything about Motorola...
24th April 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #18  
Flag Aracaju/SE
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
I don't believe wich this phone resist 30 min under water!

Sent from my MB526 using XDA
3rd May 2012, 09:49 AM   |  #19  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 128

380 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlosEdw

I don't believe wich this phone resist 30 min under water!

Sent from my MB526 using XDA

It does.. Tested!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread