OP buhohitr

23rd April 2012, 06:56 AM   |  #391  
Thanks Meter: 455

1,093 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfleegle

I downloaded the .pit file from http://www.imnuts.org/odin-packages and tried again with EP4D .md5 I got from the same page and it still won't flash.

So.... What's the easiest current generation Verizon phone to Root? Looks like I'm going to have to replace it. THIS is why I was afraid to try updating it in the first place

I've gone through all that with other Samsung devices. Its very unlikely that you're bricked. That flip phone screen is a low level download mode. Use the full factory ep4d to recover (the 548mb one)
Leave auto reboot on, basically just get to the flip phone screen while unplugged, open Odin. Plug in. PDA = ep4d stock. Start
Let it finish and it should boot itself. Then go to settings, about, update and do the ota update (over the air) then go from there for whatever custom stuff you want.

Samsung knows this type of stuff happens, flashing fails sometimes, that's why they programmed the low level download mode.

Make sure you have the latest Samsung drivers and don't have kies installed.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 09:34 PM   |  #392  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 2

53 posts
More
A friend suggested that I try flashing the firmware with the battery inserted in the phone, and it worked. I was booting into download mode by removing the battery, then holding the vol down button and plugging in the USB cable. I wasn't putting the battery back in before starting upload with Odin. Once I put the battery back in, Odin worked fine. My only problem now is that the FP1 modem update didn't want to install. I'm still trying to figure out why that is...

Edit to add: Once I got Odin working again, I flashed back to the original stock, then flashed an EP4D update that included the EP4D modems, and flashed another to update the Kernel to EP4D. How the FP1 modem update is failing.
Last edited by jfleegle; 23rd April 2012 at 10:12 PM.
23rd April 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #393  
Thanks Meter: 114

335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfleegle

A friend suggested that I try flashing the firmware with the battery inserted in the phone, and it worked. I was booting into download mode by removing the battery, then holding the vol down button and plugging in the USB cable. I wasn't putting the battery back in before starting upload with Odin. Once I put the battery back in, Odin worked fine. My only problem now is that the FP1 modem update didn't want to install. I'm still trying to figure out why that is...

Edit to add: Once I got Odin working again, I flashed back to the original stock, then flashed an EP4D update that included the EP4D modems, and flashed another to update the Kernel to EP4D. How the FP1 modem update is failing.

So you want to be on the EP4 build + kernel, but have the FP1 modem? If you are on EP4 and just boot up the phone you can go to Settings>About Phone>Check for Updates to get the OTA update. That will put the phone on the complete FP1 build + modem and everything.
14th May 2012, 05:34 AM   |  #394  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
I am getting a 404 error when I try to download the "FP1 radio update" on Dropbox.
Is there another link I can use to download it please?

Thanks!
14th May 2012, 02:46 PM   |  #395  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,552

5,263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WattoDaToydarian

I am getting a 404 error when I try to download the "FP1 radio update" on Dropbox.

Thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/?vg4wy4wj0eap28a
14th May 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #396  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,594

3,970 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by WattoDaToydarian

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

http://www.mediafire.com/?vg4wy4wj0eap28a

My bad - I was clearing stuff out of my dropbox. The above link is fine, but fwiw I moved the file that was originally on dropbox here.
24th July 2012, 02:57 AM   |  #397  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Everything worked and looks great. Thank you everyone for developing. I started with EP4 Rooted, flashed the Eclipse FP1 and then the Core Droid theme. After that I flashed the stock kernel to fix wifi. Everything worked great with CWM.
20th July 2013, 07:43 PM   |  #398  
Flag greensboro
Thanks Meter: 3

52 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

Nitro .

5. How to root a pure stock FP1 and make CWM stick after reboot - Turn off your phone, use ODIN to flash CWM (0302 blue latest version - http://imnuts.net/zU2jkn) with "reboot" option unchecked,
After completed, disconnect the usb cable, pull the battery, reinstall battery, hold down volume up+home+power to boot into cwm,
(if you failed to boot into cwm and your phone boot up you have to redo the process). Now flash Super user package zip (Superuser-3.0.7-efgh-signed.zip - and su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip (both can be download from here (look for Gingerbread) : http://androidsu.com/superuser/
Reboot phone. Use Root explore (or Root browser lite or ES file explorer) go to /system/ect/install-recovery.sh script, tab on mount R/W button (upper top). Long press on the script and in the popup menu, select permission, unchecked all permission then save the file.
Shutdown phone, re-Odin cwm again, once done reboot, now cwm should stick. Once phone came up, to verify root on your phone, you can download "root checker basic" from the Market. If you have issue, download "superuser update fixer" app from the market and run it.(no reboot required). That's it.
*** There is a quicker way to root, is just flash cwm, without reboot phone, boot straight into cwm then flash rom from item C (bloated/rooted) or D (debloated/rooted).. Once rooted, just remove permission from file "install-recovery.sh" with root explorer or something similar, turn off phone, then Odin cwm again. Reboot and you're done.

What if i deleted the install - recover. Sh? Like i was told to in another thread. It seems it's gone now. I know theres supposed to be a fix with adb but i can't get adb to work on my computer. Any help would be great.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
31st July 2013, 04:43 AM   |  #399  
Flag Fort Smith, Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 44

332 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkilla420

What if i deleted the install - recover. Sh? Like i was told to in another thread. It seems it's gone now. I know theres supposed to be a fix with adb but i can't get adb to work on my computer. Any help would be great.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Your screwed buddy. That's the norm here.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using xda premium
31st July 2013, 05:15 AM   |  #400  
Recognized Developer
IA
Thanks Meter: 5,954

2,667 posts
Donate to Me
More
You are perfectly fine deleting install a recovery.sh. You actually want to delete this if you are running a custom recovery with a stock kernel. That script pulls the recovery from the kernel and overwrites the custom recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitroglycerine33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread