Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC HD2 automatically turns on when battery is inserted

Tip us?

DAZZA35
Old
(Last edited by DAZZA35; 21st April 2012 at 05:15 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC HD2 automatically turns on when battery is inserted

Hi,I have a problem with my HTC hd2 which is when I insert the battery the phone boot up without me even pressing the on button.So was just wondering is there anyone that knows a fix for this problem I'm facing?thanx

adone.h
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry but your problem is strange for me, I suggest you to reset all the phone starting with the task29 to erase the internal rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to adone.h For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

htccraze
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Make a backup of anything you want first then i would start with just a fresh download and install of the ROM your using. If that don't work then I would suggest what adone.h has said to try. Don't forget to wipe data, cache, and delvic if using Android.
MAIN DEVICE: HTC ONE & HTC HD2
Other phones: MyTouch 4G Slide, MyTouch 3G slide
ROM: Unofficial CM10 HD2 [4.1.1][tytung_HWA_r3.3jb
Radio: 2.15/SPL-2.08/ MAGLDR 1.13/ CWM Touch beta

Small contribution to XDA:
Guide to try and revive a cell phone that has been submerged in water
Blue/grey icons

Tips & tricks to retain the longest battery life
If you feel I've helped out in anyway, a
small "thanks" would be appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to htccraze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DAZZA35
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok thanx for that adobe.h and htccraze:), I will give then both a try and keep u posted on what happens.thanx

mengfei
Old
Thanks Meter 391
hmmmm i thought it was common for HD2 to do that or is it only during those HSPL/ radio update this would happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to mengfei For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DAZZA35
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK mengfei,but when i flash a new android rom the nand way and its all booted up and everything,then i press the power button i dont get the screen so the turn the phone off or restart it.Any answers?

sphp
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Eject battery, let it out for some minutes.

Reset the OS.

If these things above won't work, you have to install a new OS (maybe bootloader has some problems, too). I had this problem, too. Got rid of it by removing the battery for a longer time. Now everything is fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to sphp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mario_net
Old
Thanks Meter 1
it's a weird phenomenom
i got the same problem when i firstly got the HD2
but it automatically disappeared last month after i flash several wp7 roms
The Following User Says Thank You to mario_net For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dida234
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem

CR5N
Old
Thanks Meter 104
It is a hardware problem in the digitiser/cable/button area.

My touch screen failed, when I got the repaired phone, I had the same symptoms - battery in phone on. Also pressing just the volume down button would boot into the tri-colour screen. This happened with windows or android flashed into nand.

Odd thing was that running the key test function in magldr seemed to work and the power button operated normally as far I could tell when powered up into windows or android.

I sent the phone back for repair again and got a refurb replacement.

The Following User Says Thank You to CR5N For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]