Thanks Meter: 968

Thread Closed Email Thread
23rd April 2012, 03:33 AM |#871  
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkeller3

I can't get it to work. My guess is that we don't have full HWA currently. We do seem to have SOME HWA because HD Youtubes will play, and there is better overall performance. Clocking at 1GHz certainly feels fast and smoother than previous builds that were clocked at 1.2. But to answer your question... no Netflix yet.

Oh, damn I thought we would finally have it, I'll just keep waiting...

23rd April 2012, 03:35 AM |#872  
Flag Hồ Chí Minh
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Hay bite, should i flash the latest kernel??

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 03:44 AM |#873  
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acax456

Hay bite, should i flash the latest kernel??

I'm not BiteBlaze, but I can help you. I too am on the rom and I did flash the lastest kernel. All works great, except for full HW (Netflix doesn't work). Just make sure after you flash the kernel. Go rename this file using Root Explorer.

/system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity/wl1271-nvs.bin.orig. and rename it to: wl1271-nvs.bin

If you don't rename that file. Wifi won't work. So please edit it. The screen issue is fixed in this kernel.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mjybarr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjybarr Ad-Free
23rd April 2012, 04:01 AM |#874  
Flag springdale
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Hey Biteblaze, have a couple beers on me. From R.G. This rom is sick everything that I need my kindle for works. Im aware of the few kernel bugs, but still awesome job on the Rom. More beer money coming soon dude. Again, thank you for this Rom.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 04:08 AM |#875  
Flag Hồ Chí Minh
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjybarr

I'm not BiteBlaze, but I can help you. I too am on the rom and I did flash the lastest kernel. All works great, except for full HW (Netflix doesn't work). Just make sure after you flash the kernel. Go rename this file using Root Explorer.

/system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity/wl1271-nvs.bin.orig. and rename it to: wl1271-nvs.bin

If you don't rename that file. Wifi won't work. So please edit it. The screen issue is fixed in this kernel.

How about flash player or playing hd video??

23rd April 2012, 04:10 AM |#876  
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acax456

How about flash player or playing hd video??

The only thing I have tried is YouTube HD and it works fine. Have not tried the others.

The Following User Says Thank You to mjybarr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjybarr Ad-Free
23rd April 2012, 04:58 AM |#877  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkeller3

Question for Hotspot users...

Say you're tethered to your phone...phone backlight shuts off whenever, and you're using your Kindle for online stuff. Then, you turn your Kindle screen off, mind you, still tethered to your phone. Then, you turn you're Kindle screen back on and it won't reconnect on it's own - period - but the moment you turn your PHONE SCREEN on it reconnects instantly.

Why? Does anyone know?

(setting wifi to never sleep does not help)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA Premium
ROM: CM9 ReloadedROM v1.2
Kernel: 0xD34D
Overclock: 1.2 GHz Max, 800 MHz min. On Demand
Launcher: ADW EX

Are you using JuiceDefender?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA
23rd April 2012, 05:16 AM |#878  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Finally bit the bullet and updated from V 1.1 today. Things are running very smooth. No abnormal hiccups from me (other than existing kernel related issues).

Not running the version with Hash's kernel just yet, would rather have a little more stability than some HWA at this point.

Thanks for all of your amazing work!
23rd April 2012, 05:48 AM |#879  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I just flashed 04-22: KERNEL.ZIP #7 onto this ROM and its working better. Screen doesn't have the lines and wifi is working fine for me. Seems a little faster and less buggy.
23rd April 2012, 07:05 AM |#880  
Flag Richmond, BC
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damedus

KF uses mic in the headphone jack similar to an ipod touch, and it has gps using wifi.

Does KF have gps chip?

Correction: my kf charges fine via AC charger. Only led doesn't display properly.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA
23rd April 2012, 12:29 PM |#881  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjybarr

That's weird, my Wifi works normally after flashing the new Kernel without having to rename that file, and I'm pretty the flash is successful since the "line" bug on the screen is gone!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9 reloaded, cool ics rom, ics kindle fire, kindle fire cm9, reloadedrom™
Previous Thread Next Thread