Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 48,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] Stock ICS Leak One-Click Root Tool

Tip us?

Moscow Desire
Old
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 5,949

DONATE TO ME
Just to let you know, your tool works fine on the 501 ICS update (using the full 4 file install method) NVFlash to patched bootloader.

One thing I noticed, you have to use the remounter often, as the /system will lose RW and revert to RO after using an application. So it seems to be temporary.

Example; Use remounter to get RW on system. Open Root Explorer and change System to RW. Do your business. Close Root Explorer, come back a few minutes later, and you have to use remounter again.

Minor annoyance, but will probably need looking into.

Nice tool though!

Want to avoid a vacation to the Frostlands? Then Follow the XDA Rules Here

Though I walk among the trolls, I fear them not, for I am the Troll King
Killen dem Trolls since 2011
Acer Iconia A701***A501***ExPlay X-Tremer***HTC Desire***Desire S

ethan21
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Works great on ics acer500 then using the tool to put recovery on I have flashed to flexreapers 12.5. Great work.

blackthund3r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 417

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire View Post
Just to let you know, your tool works fine on the 501 ICS update (using the full 4 file install method) NVFlash to patched bootloader.

One thing I noticed, you have to use the remounter often, as the /system will lose RW and revert to RO after using an application. So it seems to be temporary.

Example; Use remounter to get RW on system. Open Root Explorer and change System to RW. Do your business. Close Root Explorer, come back a few minutes later, and you have to use remounter again.

Minor annoyance, but will probably need looking into.

Nice tool though!
New remounter, better root method have fun with 6.0! :3

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
If I helped you, feel free to hit thanks - it makes me happy!

For A500 hacking FAQs, Glossary & Download links: http://acerhacks.com

All APX bundles: use repo http://acerhacks.com
SBK GENERATOR: http://acerhacks.com/sbkcalc
All stock Acer firmware files: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29820890
-------------
Acer Iconia A500 running Jelly Bean // Skrilax BL v8 // CM recovery 1.8.1
Nexus 4 16GB // CM11 (4.4) Nightlies

blackthund3r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 417

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan21 View Post
Works great on ics acer500 then using the tool to put recovery on I have flashed to flexreapers 12.5. Great work.
Glad it did thanks

If I helped you, feel free to hit thanks - it makes me happy!

For A500 hacking FAQs, Glossary & Download links: http://acerhacks.com

All APX bundles: use repo http://acerhacks.com
SBK GENERATOR: http://acerhacks.com/sbkcalc
All stock Acer firmware files: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29820890
-------------
Acer Iconia A500 running Jelly Bean // Skrilax BL v8 // CM recovery 1.8.1
Nexus 4 16GB // CM11 (4.4) Nightlies
The Following User Says Thank You to blackthund3r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Moscow Desire
Old
Thanks Meter 5,949

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthund3r View Post
New remounter, better root method have fun with 6.0! :3

Are these just changes in the Re-mounter.apk? So I can simply swap them out? Or are there other things?

Oh, and how about a special one for the 501 that says 501 Remounter?

moebigsley
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthund3r View Post
It is perhaps something I'll look into in the near future but for now, v4.0 should help those with problems with mounting /system rw. The next step is making it easy to install CWM and a patched bootloader. This may come from me or it may not. Depends on if I have time and/or if I see a need for a tool for it. At the moment a batch script is probably adequate once in APX mode

And as for adb reboot bootloader, it appears to be working for me now :P
That's my question. I'll be honest, I am getting dizzy trying to keep on top of all these threads. I really want a tool that will allow me to root the device (leak .31) so that I can run CWM and install CM9. I had hopes that I could root with your method and then use acer recovery from the play store to install custom recovery. Now I have my doubts. Will that work? I gather that since I lack a patched bootloader, it will not.

Moscow Desire
Old
Thanks Meter 5,949

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by moebigsley View Post
That's my question. I'll be honest, I am getting dizzy trying to keep on top of all these threads. I really want a tool that will allow me to root the device (leak .31) so that I can run CWM and install CM9. I had hopes that I could root with your method and then use acer recovery from the play store to install custom recovery. Now I have my doubts. Will that work? I gather that since I lack a patched bootloader, it will not.
The root tool, is only to get Root access on the Stock ICS. Unfortunately, to uopdate to the new patched bootloaders, You will have to do the NVFlash.

This is the way things go when new "leaked betas" come into the mainstream. Installing CWM from a rooted ICS is easy. Run AcerRecoveryInstaller from your rooted ICS. The bootloader is a different story.

There are "patched" kernels for some a500 ICS roms that run fine on the HC 3.0.1 bootloader. ATGadmin has one, as well as Civato. This will save you from the bootloader flash.

moebigsley
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
The root tool, is only to get Root access on the Stock ICS. Unfortunately, to uopdate to the new patched bootloaders, You will have to do the NVFlash.

This is the way things go when new "leaked betas" come into the mainstream. Installing CWM from a rooted ICS is easy. Run AcerRecoveryInstaller from your rooted ICS. The bootloader is a different story.

There are "patched" kernels for some a500 ICS roms that run fine on the HC 3.0.1 bootloader. ATGadmin has one, as well as Civato. This will save you from the bootloader flash.
Pardon my ignorance, but I thought that updating to leak also updated your bootloader (from HC to ICS).

Am I to assume that is not enough? The ICS bootloader is 'locked' so to speak and needs to be patched or replaced via NVFlash?

Moscow Desire
Old
Thanks Meter 5,949

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by moebigsley View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but I thought that updating to leak also updated your bootloader (from HC to ICS).

Am I to assume that is not enough? The ICS bootloader is 'locked' so to speak and needs to be patched or replaced via NVFlash?
For the 501 ICS, and the Stock ICS releases, yes, you are correct in you will need the unlocked Bootloader to get /System R-W.

As far as I know, the previous version of the root tool, only gives you half root on a stock ICS Bootloader and Stock kernel.

His new version 6, I have no idea what it does, as my previous question went unanswered.

The new ver6 is 43mb exe extracted. And no idea exactly what it does.

Does it install a new unlocked bootloader?
Can you run it on a previously rooted (with same tool) device?
Are there any changes in the remounter app that would benefit anybody with the previous version?

Forget facelock and the acer lockscreen for the 501. Not in the framework to support it.

Just some questions that go unanswered.

civato
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14,911

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Forget facelock and the acer lockscreen for the 501. Not in the framework to support it.

Just some questions that go unanswered.
Some info.
AcerRing and Lockscreen that comes with it are supported in framework that comes in the ICS 501 rom that vache posted. But as rom builder you still need to make it work.