Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

EVO LTE or GSIII?

Tip us?

ckoadiyn
Old
Thanks Meter 900
No one getting the gn? Gf got it today and its a rather nice phone she traded in the gsii for it and likes the gn better

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
TEAM MiK Since 12/18/10

godS3nd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
Unless the GSIII blows everything out of the water, I'm getting the 4G LTE.

But I am concerned about Sprint's LTE coverage.

Same here, been thinking of dropping Sprint because of coverage. I've had "The Worlds First 4G Phone" for almost 2 years and have YET to get 4G in my neighborhood at home or work... It's not like I live out in the sticks, I live in a pretty big metro area. Now they're switching to LTE? How can I know it'll be worth or or if I will be stuck with these horrible network speeds (actually asking, lol). If they have to build the infrastructure themselves I'm out.
The Following User Says Thank You to godS3nd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Captain 0bvious
Old
Thanks Meter 23
HTC just seems to make a better product. Don't get me wrong, I love Samsung, I have several Samsung devices, blu ray players, tv's and more, but HTC seems to make a better phone. Plus I like the Sense UI.

jrollercoasters
Old
Thanks Meter 362

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by godS3nd View Post
Same here, been thinking of dropping Sprint because of coverage. I've had "The Worlds First 4G Phone" for almost 2 years and have YET to get 4G in my neighborhood at home or work... It's not like I live out in the sticks, I live in a pretty big metro area. Now they're switching to LTE? How can I know it'll be worth or or if I will be stuck with these horrible network speeds (actually asking, lol). If they have to build the infrastructure themselves I'm out.
I only get 3g too but if you tweak it you get 4g speeds and I live in Ventura California which is rather a big city, so yea I think it all depends but I do get 4g rarely tho, but LTE is suppose to be a stronger freq.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

.Elite_The_King.
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollercoasters View Post
I only get 3g too but if you tweak it you get 4g speeds and I live in Ventura California which is rather a big city, so yea I think it all depends but I do get 4g rarely tho, but LTE is suppose to be a stronger freq.

What type of tweaks do you speak of.....

jrollercoasters
Old
Thanks Meter 362

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Elite_The_King. View Post
What type of tweaks do you speak of.....
3g turbro charger you can find via v6 thread or choosing a Rom with 3g tweaks I normally get 50-60 kb/s with my curent Rom (nitrous) I get around 300-400

The Following User Says Thank You to jrollercoasters For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

.Elite_The_King.
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
3g turbro charger you can find via v6 thread or choosing a Rom with 3g tweaks I normally get 50-60 kb/s with my curent Rom (nitrous) I get around 300-400

Ha I see i have that I thought you were talking some other type of tweak. Thanks dough.

jrollercoasters
Old
Thanks Meter 362

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Elite_The_King. View Post
Ha I see i have that I thought you were talking some other type of tweak. Thanks dough.

Haha yea np figured you knew about it, I see you around the forums a lot

godS3nd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Already running v6 now, hadn't seen the 3g tweak though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

.Elite_The_King.
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by godS3nd View Post
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Already running v6 now, hadn't seen the 3g tweak though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah its cool but the faster you get the more battery hog it becomes I just use the first option its battery friendly FYI.

Sent from my powered Shooter E3D with Infection of AnthraX Jamz by wolf.

The Following User Says Thank You to .Elite_The_King. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]