XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Samsung Vibrant

Tip us?

mx597turbo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx597turbo View Post
The gps issues on my vibrant have been driving me crazy. I think I have everything worked out now. I consistently get a lock (6+sats) in 20-30 seconds after boot. Maps/navigation work great now:

1. Hardware fix from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=878970 - It's easy and only takes about 10 mins. I just bent the antenna up slightly. The soldering method is unnecessary.
2. Odin back to stock 2.1 vibrant rom. - You have to search for this, I lost the link. Also for this, I had to download Keis for the drivers. These were the only ones that worked with Odin.
3. SuperOneClick
4. CWM stock/deodexed 2.2 from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...036193&page=23
5. CWM the 4/18/2012 nightly from here: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?typ...ice=vibrantmtd I don't know if other versions will work!
6. CWM the newest gapps from here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Lat...on/Google_Apps
7. CWM sub zero from here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/22833-ker...xtra-ordinary/
8. Turn on gps.
9. Install gps status: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sstatus2&hl=en - Go to setting - display and tools and check keep the screen on.

That's it. Reboot, and start gps status right away. Wait for a lock, then you can close the program. After that, the phone locks very quickly in Maps, Navigation, etc...

I hope this helps everyone out.
After quite a bit of testing, I can confirm this is working 100% for me. GPS lock after start-up is always <30 seconds. Lock after deep sleep is <80 seconds (often <60 seconds).

I always get a lock.

muleyman
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewillner View Post
No GPS after deep sleep for me on this kernel. I do get GPS after ds with SZ70

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2
Same here. No GPS after deep sleep with test kernel on 0421.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

PePPaZ
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blars1206 View Post
My battery seems to drain faster and faster with each nightly. Oddly enough, my phone seems to run smoother with each update. I did do a factory wipe and format system before this nightly. I have the same apps as when the nightlies started, but battery life was great. I have led notification off too. And suggestions on making it last longer? I'm not showing any wake locks with better battery stats either. Android system is only at 3%. Also, I never use titanium either, all apps fresh from the market.
+1 to this, but still thankful CM9 even exists for the vibrant.

GS3
ROM: Stock (until CM10 is finished!)
Kernel: Stock

FaultException
Old
(Last edited by FaultException; 23rd April 2012 at 06:22 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2000

DONATE TO ME
Some good news regarding 911 calling:

Remember, gun posted earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
911 calls don't go through at all
After flashing all my tests and everything, then we decided to try a hacked build of Bionix, that did not work either, so then he tried stock, and guess what? Didn't work either. So he went his way to try and get it working on stock again, and I got a PM that he fixed it, by restoring his EFS folder, and now 911 works with and without SIM on the latest CM9 nightlies!

So -1 on the 911 failure count.

Big thanks to gun for all the testing.
CyanogenMod for the Vibrant:
Google+ | Issue Tracker (Nightly) | Issue Tracker (Stable) | 911 Info
Want to contribute to CM? Upload to Gerrit

My devices:
Google Galaxy Nexus, Stock 4.2.2, CWM6 Touch
Samsung Vibrant, CyanogenMod 10
HP TouchPad, CyanogenMod 10
LG Optimus T (retired), CyanogenMod 7
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FaultException For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xriderx66
Old
Thanks Meter 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaultException View Post
Some good news regarding 911 calling:

Remember, gun posted earlier:

After flashing all my tests and everything, then we decided to try a hacked build of Bionix, that did not work either, so then he tried, and guess what? Didn't work either. So he went his way to try and get it working on stock again, and I got a PM that he fixed it, by restoring his EFS folder, and now 911 works with and without SIM on the latest CM9 nightlies!

So -1 on the 911 failure count.

Big thanks to gun for all the testing.
Thats GREAT news. Personally, the 911 issue didn't matter to me but I do know many people that have been staying back on Froyo/GB just because of that issue. Hopefully it works for everyone else too.
Congrats to you and gun on solving it - possibly since its not 100% sure yet, right?
LOLWUT
Still on Stock Android? I pity you. Get on MIUI.

FaultException
Old
(Last edited by FaultException; 23rd April 2012 at 09:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2000

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xriderx66 View Post
Thats GREAT news. Personally, the 911 issue didn't matter to me but I do know many people that have been staying back on Froyo/GB just because of that issue. Hopefully it works for everyone else too.
Congrats to you and gun on solving it - possibly since its not 100% sure yet, right?
Nothing was solved -- except he solved on why he individually couldn't, not having to do with CM9.

Yeah, that was just his issue, nothing really needed to be changed in CM9 for him, it was his efs folder, so other failures may still be on us. There's still the one shot tests that failed, and EmoEskimo who had multiple failures, so I gotta try to work with him, and there's also renardk764's one shot failure of the RIL dying, but that may be a fluke as he can't reproduce it.

My devices:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaultException For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gun
Old
(Last edited by gun; 23rd April 2012 at 07:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
I'm pretty sure there is no problem with 911 any more. But as we all know Vibrant system files can be heavily modified and there will always be someone who has knowingly or unknowingly some missing or broken file somewhere and I don't think it is developers' fault. On top of that some Vibrants' hardware just act funny due to: age, moisture etc. and that has nothing to do with particular build. So it maybe be impossible to eliminate all 911 problems.

Maybe we should do a poll about 911. I know many are afraid to dial 911 but I did it so many time and answering person even thanked me when I said I just tested my phone or I dialled wrong number. No issues whatsoever.
T959
T999
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FaultException
Old
(Last edited by FaultException; 23rd April 2012 at 08:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2000

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
I'm pretty sure there is no problem with 911 any more. But as we all know Vibrant system files can be heavily modified and there will always be someone who has knowingly or unknowingly some missing or broken file somewhere and I don't think it is developers' fault. On top of that some Vibrants' hardware just act funny due to: age, moisture etc. and that has nothing to do with particular build. So it maybe be impossible to eliminate all 911 problems.

Maybe we should do a poll about 911. I know many are afraid to dial 911 but I did it so many time and answering person even thanked me when I said I just tested my phone or I dialled wrong number. No issues whatsoever.
Good idea.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25198772

EVERYONE TEST!

My devices:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaultException For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akfelipe
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I just got SOD running 418 nightly and stock kernel :/ anyone else??

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

jzero88
Old
Thanks Meter 142
I just want to say I <3 FE and I <3 CM Team. Lol the vibrant with CM9 and 1800 mah battery is still better than 98% of the newest phones out there!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
Phone: GALAXY NEXUS
Rom: CM9 All the Way

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, icecream, ics, nightly
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe