Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,183 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Heimdall][Odin][Stock][Root]UCKH7/KK6 Return/Unbrick to Stock (or Root)

Tip us?

Brobarian
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Bought a SGII I777, followed this guide for root/unlock. Now I have run into a problem. My carrier is T-Mobile, put in my SIM, and I cannot get 4g only "E." I downloaded and flashed first thread. Do I need a different modem package/radio to get 4g? Did I unlock my phone incorrectly? Please help! Must have 4G, derrrrpppppppp.

dirtbikerr450
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobarian View Post
Bought a SGII I777, followed this guide for root/unlock. Now I have run into a problem. My carrier is T-Mobile, put in my SIM, and I cannot get 4g only "E." I downloaded and flashed first thread. Do I need a different modem package/radio to get 4g? Did I unlock my phone incorrectly? Please help! Must have 4G, derrrrpppppppp.
There is absolutely nothing you can do to get 4g on this phone on t mobile
If It's On XDA It Must Be Real

HellBunny
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobarian View Post
The I777 (and most non-T-Mobile phones) doesn't support T-Mobile's 3/4G frequencies. It is a physical limitation. Nothing you can do on the software/firmware side to fix this.

jcomana
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Default Cf-Root fot ATT SGS2

Hi..I new in the forum and have a litle detail ehich I don t know is asociated to this theme. The AT&T SG2 is coming with a 3rd edition ok the Recovery Software that don t permit to insstall any kernel or Roms due to that you can open a zip file unsigned. The recomendation isinstall a 2nd edition of the Recovery soft insalled trought ODIN but have a lot of CF Root fie in the forum. One of the member suggest to review in the ATT SG2 right here. All the ATT SG2 is coming eithvGB 2.3.4 and UCKH7 Baseband. Could someone show me which CF Root I have to use.? Sorry for the long explanation and use this topic to request my help

xdahgary
Old
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Hi everybody, I'm trying to help my friend migrate from the sgsII to the skyrocket. So I gotta root and TiB his apps + data over. The problem is he's got kk6 so I can't use superoneclick. So I saw this thread and a rooted kk6 kernel. Can someone tell me if I can use odin and go into dl mode and flash the kernel only will give me root + su? Thanks in advance.

elbermu
Old
Thanks Meter 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelforce View Post
Hi there. I'm trying to flash KK6 from earlier in this thread to my SGS 2 (AT&T i777) using Heimdall. I'm trying to go back to stock after a bad experience with an ICS ROM (Shostock, if you're curious).

On two separate systems (one Windows 7, one Ubuntu Linux) Heimdall reports an error:

Code:
Uploading FACTORYFS
42%
ERROR: Failed to confirm end of file transfer sequence!
FACTORYFS upload failed!
Ending session...
Rebooting device...
I saw something in another thread that talked about a modem update causing this - could it be that?
Had that error too, downgrading heimdall to 1.3.1 let me complete the process...

Thanks to OP for this...
Phone: Nexus 4 (Mako)
ROM: AOSP - Recovery: TWRP 2.4.0.0 - Kernel: Bricked-Mako

Phone: Galaxy S II (Hercules)
ROM: CM10.1 - Recovery: TWRP 2.3.1.1 - Kernel: Cerux Kernel

Phone: One X
Unlocked Bootloader - ROM: CleanRom 5 - Recovery: TWRP

Give thanks, it doesn't hurt that much.
The Following User Says Thank You to elbermu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2958

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdahgary View Post
Hi everybody, I'm trying to help my friend migrate from the sgsII to the skyrocket. So I gotta root and TiB his apps + data over. The problem is he's got kk6 so I can't use superoneclick. So I saw this thread and a rooted kk6 kernel. Can someone tell me if I can use odin and go into dl mode and flash the kernel only will give me root + su? Thanks in advance.
No, the root is contained in the factoryfs.img, not the kernel. Flash the package in odin or heimdall without a wipe and should be fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 24092

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcomana View Post
Hi..I new in the forum and have a litle detail ehich I don t know is asociated to this theme. The AT&T SG2 is coming with a 3rd edition ok the Recovery Software that don t permit to insstall any kernel or Roms due to that you can open a zip file unsigned. The recomendation isinstall a 2nd edition of the Recovery soft insalled trought ODIN but have a lot of CF Root fie in the forum. One of the member suggest to review in the ATT SG2 right here. All the ATT SG2 is coming eithvGB 2.3.4 and UCKH7 Baseband. Could someone show me which CF Root I have to use.? Sorry for the long explanation and use this topic to request my help
Please search and reads before posting. CF-Root is an I9100 kernel, it has nothing to do with I777.

How to root the device is already covered in the FAQs, stickies, and creepyncrawly's guides. Read them please.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elbermu
Old
(Last edited by elbermu; 23rd April 2012 at 05:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Please search and reads before posting. CF-Root is an I9100 kernel, it has nothing to do with I777.

How to root the device is already covered in the FAQs, stickies, and creepyncrawly's guides. Read them please.
Surprised, took me an hour to root my device, flash a kernel with cwm and install AOKP, all found in xda, and a little help from CM7 install guide. The only problem I found was that in my previous post.

Cool story!!!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
Phone: Nexus 4 (Mako)
ROM: AOSP - Recovery: TWRP 2.4.0.0 - Kernel: Bricked-Mako

Phone: Galaxy S II (Hercules)
ROM: CM10.1 - Recovery: TWRP 2.3.1.1 - Kernel: Cerux Kernel

Phone: One X
Unlocked Bootloader - ROM: CleanRom 5 - Recovery: TWRP

Give thanks, it doesn't hurt that much.

starryeyez
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Question Phone is freezing and restarting

My Sgs2 keeps freezing to where I have to remove the battery and restart it , to get it working again. Should I return to stock ? If so where do I get that file, I've tried the one on the first link this thread but no luck with the megaupload links. I've factory reset it and it's still not acting right. It's really laggy, still freezes and some times reboots itself. I don't know what to do.

Tags
heimdall, i777 unroot, stock, unbrick