Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 39,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NIGHTLY/KERNEL][USER] UNOFFICIAL CM9 + 3.0.x Kernel for K-Fire [3.0.31+ 06-28]

Tip us?

webdroidmt
Old
Thanks Meter 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-Dado View Post
I'm still having the wi-fi issue (doesn't connect, it stops at the authentication), there's a way to solve it?
Thanks for all Hash!!!
That's what mine was doing with the K7 kernel. Try rebooting your router, that worked for me.

Mike T

freefaling
Old
Thanks Meter 20
About the flutter on wakeup, it reminds me of that cool effect Android used to have when turning the screen off, like an old CRT tv. I was just wondering where did that go?

And can we have that too? (I am aware I may sound like a kid wanting to have everything, but wth!)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using XDA

Damedus
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Anyone has an updated build prop for max compabilty with the market and game loft games? Also a free app that hides the combined bar? It seems the resolution is causing some games crash due to the space the bar occupies

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

lovejoy777
Old
Thanks Meter 1734

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50CalPotato View Post
Anybody notice a red perimeter around the screen when you do some particular actions? You can see it if you open genie widget (weather widget) and scroll through the news pages.
in settings/developer options is the option to flash screen set to on?

Gnex: Dreams 4.4 KitKat
Kindle Fire: OtterX SlimKat & 777Kernel
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2747564
Nexus 5: SlimKat

If you like my work or think I have helped please hit the thanks/donate buttons

lovejoy777
Old
Thanks Meter 1734

DONATE TO ME
how do we use otg i have adaptor?
do we need app to mount flashdrives etc?

Gnex: Dreams 4.4 KitKat
Kindle Fire: OtterX SlimKat & 777Kernel
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2747564
Nexus 5: SlimKat

If you like my work or think I have helped please hit the thanks/donate buttons

Solid-Dado
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Maybe I've solved the wifi issue: to get working the wifi I have to turn off my router and then the KF connects. So I'm trying to understand id it's a router or kernel issue.
What do you think about that?

erikiksaz
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-Dado View Post
Maybe I've solved the wifi issue: to get working the wifi I have to turn off my router and then the KF connects. So I'm trying to understand id it's a router or kernel issue.
What do you think about that?
The issue was solved a while back by some other user, which was also reposted a few more times. The new kernel fixed the issue. Your router, however, needed to clear it's working memory to see the "new" device.

Shahpur.Azizpour
Old
(Last edited by Shahpur.Azizpour; 23rd April 2012 at 12:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 36
There was a link to a CM9 Full Stock Rom with the #6 kernel. Can't find it anymore...anyways:

is there already a link with the #7 kernel to a pure CM9 ROM? I prefer flashing full roms instead of single components...makes it easier to keep everthing compatible IMHO...

Edit:

1. if i want to flash only the kernel, do i still have to wipe everything? I'd like to keep all my settings so i'd rather not factory reset....
2. can i install the .zip with TWRP using the regular install from zip file method, or do i have to do anything additionally?

bi2o
Old
Thanks Meter 5
So I flashed K7 yesterday night. I was running the K6 b4 that. And look at the difference. In slope while charging the device.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-23-07-45-05.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1020322  
The Following User Says Thank You to bi2o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bi2o
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahpur.Azizpour View Post
There was a link to a CM9 Full Stock Rom with the #6 kernel. Can't find it anymore...anyways:

is there already a link with the #7 kernel to a pure CM9 ROM? I prefer flashing full roms instead of single components...makes it easier to keep everthing compatible IMHO...

Edit:

1. if i want to flash only the kernel, do i still have to wipe everything? I'd like to keep all my settings so i'd rather not factory reset....
2. can i install the .zip with TWRP using the regular install from zip file method, or do i have to do anything additionally?
I only wiped cache and davlik. Install the new kernel (small component, takes a few seconds ). Reboot.

Works like a charm.