XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more
Post Reply

Anker or Mugen?

23rd April 2012, 01:51 AM   |  #1  
ShAaShAy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 33
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
I was wondering which one is better. I heard there were some problems with Anker, like random reboots. What are the pros and cons of each battery?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 03:14 AM   |  #2  
blahbl4hblah's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,623
 
5,584 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Anker is reliable and so is Mugen
You have to ask yourself one thing, which do you want to spend more on?
23rd April 2012, 03:57 AM   |  #3  
Moon2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 128
 
684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAaShAy

I was wondering which one is better. I heard there were some problems with Anker, like random reboots. What are the pros and cons of each battery?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Ankaaaar!

Pros
- Works great, runs a lot longer than stock sensation
Cons
- May cause reboots (I've had them, but after I discharged completely and charged again, it hasn't done so since.)

Mugaaan!

Pros
- Closest to mentioned battery capacity
Cons
- Very expensive
- If you get the 3600mah, then possibly wifi and phone signal issues

Both are better than the stock, but personally - buying the mugen is not worth the price.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moon2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 06:46 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Another advantage to the Mugen is that it has working temperature sensors, which the Anker does not.

I have the 1950 mah Mugen and have been extremely pleased with it.
23rd April 2012, 07:30 AM   |  #5  
NekoNyapii's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mesa
Thanks Meter: 10
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
I've bought a couple of Anker batteries in the past for my Sensation and G2x, and I have to say they work pretty well. The most noticeable thing is that they don't get as hot, but they don't have temperature sensors, funny.

I would definitely go for Anker, although they make me worried sometimes because they are making these batteries in a Chinese factory...and I'm just not used to the idea of Chinese-made products working well.
23rd April 2012, 10:01 AM   |  #6  
hal_chase's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Had an Anker for six months, never had any random reboots, battery life seems to be around 20% more than the stock battery.

For the money its a no brainer really.
24th April 2012, 07:27 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Agreed! I personally like Anker over Muggen simply because of the price difference.

Sent from my Sensation 4G using XDA
24th April 2012, 08:44 PM   |  #8  
GROGG88's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Laveen, AZ
Thanks Meter: 1,013
 
913 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoNyapii

I would definitely go for Anker, although they make me worried sometimes because they are making these batteries in a Chinese factory...and I'm just not used to the idea of Chinese-made products working well.

I run an Anker in both of my Sensations with no issues (knock on wood). For $40 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

As far as Chinese products go... Unfortunately, I trust many of them over US products. I know there are many cheap products from China, but I've also gotten many great deals either through import dealers and/or direct from China. The fact that these are being dealt through a reputable import dealer is a good indicator that they must be decent.

Hello from the desert Neko...
25th April 2012, 08:23 AM   |  #9  
jmwils3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Madison, AL
Thanks Meter: 167
 
1,689 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGG88

I run an Anker in both of my Sensations with no issues (knock on wood). For $40 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

As far as Chinese products go... Unfortunately, I trust many of them over US products. I know there are many cheap products from China, but I've also gotten many great deals either through import dealers and/or direct from China. The fact that these are being dealt through a reputable import dealer is a good indicator that they must be decent.

Hello from the desert Neko...

He does know most products we use on a daily basis, including these smartphones, were made in those factories?

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
25th April 2012, 05:56 PM   |  #10  
GROGG88's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Laveen, AZ
Thanks Meter: 1,013
 
913 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwils3

He does know most products we use on a daily basis, including these smartphones, were made in those factories?

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Sure do!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes