Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anker or Mugen?

Tip us?

ShAaShAy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default Anker or Mugen?

I was wondering which one is better. I heard there were some problems with Anker, like random reboots. What are the pros and cons of each battery?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

blahbl4hblah
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1621

DONATE TO ME
Anker is reliable and so is Mugen
You have to ask yourself one thing, which do you want to spend more on?
Before you even ask for help, do help yourself and search for it first!

Moon2
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAaShAy View Post
I was wondering which one is better. I heard there were some problems with Anker, like random reboots. What are the pros and cons of each battery?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium
Ankaaaar!

Pros
- Works great, runs a lot longer than stock sensation
Cons
- May cause reboots (I've had them, but after I discharged completely and charged again, it hasn't done so since.)

Mugaaan!

Pros
- Closest to mentioned battery capacity
Cons
- Very expensive
- If you get the 3600mah, then possibly wifi and phone signal issues

Both are better than the stock, but personally - buying the mugen is not worth the price.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moon2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SensationNation
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Another advantage to the Mugen is that it has working temperature sensors, which the Anker does not.

I have the 1950 mah Mugen and have been extremely pleased with it.

NekoNyapii
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I've bought a couple of Anker batteries in the past for my Sensation and G2x, and I have to say they work pretty well. The most noticeable thing is that they don't get as hot, but they don't have temperature sensors, funny.

I would definitely go for Anker, although they make me worried sometimes because they are making these batteries in a Chinese factory...and I'm just not used to the idea of Chinese-made products working well.
Current Device: iPhone 4S (White)
Current ROM: Not Applicable
Current Kernel: Not Applicable

Previous phones: iPhone 4 ---> Galaxy S 4g ---> HTC Sensation ---> LG G2x ---> iPhone 4S(current)

I want to kiss you.....

hal_chase
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Had an Anker for six months, never had any random reboots, battery life seems to be around 20% more than the stock battery.

For the money its a no brainer really.
Phone: HTC One, HTCdev Unlock
ROM: CyanogenMod cm-11-20140504-SNAPSHOT-M6
Firmware: 2.24.161.1
Kernel: 3.4.82-geb53446
Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.4.8
HBOOT: 1.54.0000

iscarechyu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Agreed! I personally like Anker over Muggen simply because of the price difference.

Sent from my Sensation 4G using XDA

GROGG88
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoNyapii View Post
I would definitely go for Anker, although they make me worried sometimes because they are making these batteries in a Chinese factory...and I'm just not used to the idea of Chinese-made products working well.
I run an Anker in both of my Sensations with no issues (knock on wood). For $40 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

As far as Chinese products go... Unfortunately, I trust many of them over US products. I know there are many cheap products from China, but I've also gotten many great deals either through import dealers and/or direct from China. The fact that these are being dealt through a reputable import dealer is a good indicator that they must be decent.

Hello from the desert Neko...

jmwils3
Old
Thanks Meter 158

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGG88 View Post
I run an Anker in both of my Sensations with no issues (knock on wood). For $40 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

As far as Chinese products go... Unfortunately, I trust many of them over US products. I know there are many cheap products from China, but I've also gotten many great deals either through import dealers and/or direct from China. The fact that these are being dealt through a reputable import dealer is a good indicator that they must be decent.

Hello from the desert Neko...
He does know most products we use on a daily basis, including these smartphones, were made in those factories?

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
27 million people are enslaved around the world today, but I'm in it to End It! Help Bring an End to Modern-Day Slavery! http://enditmovement.com/

GROGG88
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwils3 View Post
He does know most products we use on a daily basis, including these smartphones, were made in those factories?

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
Sure do!