Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

[Q] Home,Back, Menu keys not responding

22nd April 2012, 09:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

89 posts
The Keys (Home, Menu, Back, Search) on my HTC Desire s just stopped responding, i have restarted the device several times but no response can any one help me out.

Ibroe
22nd April 2012, 09:36 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Thanks Meter: 1,905

4,931 posts
More
Please give us some details of your device , is it stock?

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim
22nd April 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

89 posts
HTC Desire s S510e Unlocked running android ver 2.3.5, sense 3.0 softwarenumber 2.14.415.3 i dont think its stocked
22nd April 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 110

468 posts
More
Are you plugged in? I find problems with responsiveness when ever the phone is on charge. As soon as it's unplugged it's fine again
23rd April 2012, 06:42 AM   |  #5  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibroe

The Keys (Home, Menu, Back, Search) on my HTC Desire s just stopped responding, i have restarted the device several times but no response can any one help me out.

Ibroe

I have a similar issue on a stock Desire S (purchased 2 months back). I have given it to the Service Centre, and they have told that the screen needs to be changed (completely hardware issue).

Previously, I had done reboots, soft resetted and hard resetted it. Also, had unmounted SD card (somewhere I had read, that faulty SD card or formatting it, helps sometimes in freeze issues). But to no avail.

My exact issue: The phone started to not respond to the back and menu key intermittently (for few secs or 1 min), then the time has gradually increased. I can pull down the menu everytime, but the lower fourth of screen (including the soft keys) is affected. It has got no relation to charging status or any app (htc/google/third-party).
23rd April 2012, 07:30 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Purgatory, Hades Cluster
Thanks Meter: 1,428

2,248 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibroe

Ibroe

Your digitizer could be busted. Best to have it looked over but the service centre if a faulty charger is not the problem and ot occurs even when not charging.

Sent from a phone waiting for kernel v3. Wake up HTC!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread