OP atinm

23rd April 2012, 06:01 AM   |  #1831  
Flag Coachella
Thanks Meter: 152

653 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

No, it wasn't reverted. Internal is still mounting on /emmc, external on /sdcard

Mines still mounted the "old" way on 04/21 according to Root Explorer.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
23rd April 2012, 06:06 AM   |  #1832  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,823

5,458 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavestate

Mines still mounted the "old" way on 04/21 according to Root Explorer.

Go to Settings->Storage, hit menu button, select Storage Configuration, if you have Use Internal Storage checked then it will be mounted the "old" way (ie: internal = /sdcard) if you want it the "new" way (ie: external = /sdcard) then uncheck. Checking/unchecking requires reboot to take effect.

See here: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.p...my_SD-Cards.21
23rd April 2012, 06:17 AM   |  #1833  
SoCal
Thanks Meter: 289

1,455 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apanihi

I thought that's why there are 2 threads 1 is dev and this is general discussion.

My thoughts exactly, thank you.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 06:18 AM   |  #1834  
SoCal
Thanks Meter: 289

1,455 posts
Edited to please.
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by K Rich; 23rd April 2012 at 07:23 AM.
23rd April 2012, 06:57 AM   |  #1835  
Thanks Meter: 75

346 posts
Entropy's point is one that ill second this thread is for cm9 only... it wven says in op with stock kernel. There is a certain organization that works best on forums. If i want good undervolt settings (which whether or not that is even attainable as entropy states every phone is different) i will go to a thread dedicated to that... There are more people there with answers for that problem and all the info is in one place. This thread has become diluted by constant moaning about sd card swaps, undervolt settings and other "stuff" (and admittedly these posts...) But at some point you have to get the message, this is not a free for all thread. It is becoming too time consuming to sift through these posts.

And the dev thread was created because they knew this would happen...
23rd April 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #1836  
Flag Coachella
Thanks Meter: 152

653 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin

Go to Settings->Storage, hit menu button, select Storage Configuration, if you have Use Internal Storage checked then it will be mounted the "old" way (ie: internal = /sdcard) if you want it the "new" way (ie: external = /sdcard) then uncheck. Checking/unchecking requires reboot to take effect.

See here: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.p...my_SD-Cards.21

Awesome thanks for the info! So now I'm all down for it to follow the "standards" so if I unchecked this and my built in mountpoint moves to /emmc, will we have any trouble with apps saving their data/cache there normally or will the option force apps to use the external card? I don't mind if CM moves the mount points, I just wanna make sure I can still use that 11gb or so we've got instead of my "lowly" 4gb external card..

23rd April 2012, 08:31 AM   |  #1837  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 14

178 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmckenn2

Entropy's point is one that ill second this thread is for cm9 only... it wven says in op with stock kernel. There is a certain organization that works best on forums. If i want good undervolt settings (which whether or not that is even attainable as entropy states every phone is different) i will go to a thread dedicated to that... There are more people there with answers for that problem and all the info is in one place. This thread has become diluted by constant moaning about sd card swaps, undervolt settings and other "stuff" (and admittedly these posts...) But at some point you have to get the message, this is not a free for all thread. It is becoming too time consuming to sift through these posts.

And the dev thread was created because they knew this would happen...

Each phone has its own CPU chipset. Other people’s SetCPU voltages settings may not work for you. Therefore, you need to try lot of the settings until you get the lowest voltages and stable for daily use.

Having said that only a couple of us were directly replying to each other and for organization sake it ends here. No biggie.

Sent from SGH-I777 using CyanogenMod 9
23rd April 2012, 12:02 PM   |  #1838  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,047

4,452 posts
More
I came from aokp and just installed the latest cm9. When I went into rom manager it said I had to mount my storage card for it to work. So I was like "hmm". Went into settings menu, found storage, found the correct setting and rebooted. Point of this post is just that doing a little searching on your own can yield better results than just posting about it as soon as u can't find something. Plus it makes u more familiar with your device and how it works. Helpful forums? Yes. Hand holding forums? No ma'am. Happy flashing all.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 02:13 PM   |  #1839  
Thanks Meter: 3

29 posts
[Question] CWM backup
wipe factory data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik and format system before installing this (update-cm-9-20120422-NIGHTLY-i777). Then I installed Siyah v3.1 posted by ktoonez from forum. However CWM backup doesn't seem to work (I'm getting an error whenever I try to do a backup) error is "unfortunately CWM has stopped working. Just wondering if anyone has encountered same issue
23rd April 2012, 02:25 PM   |  #1840  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 55

557 posts
More
Does anyone know of mhl to hdmi adapters are supported?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics, teamhacksung
Previous Thread Next Thread