Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][ENCORE] TWRP 2.3.1.0 with on-screen keyboard! [2012-10-15]

Tip us?
 
eyeballer
Old
#81  
eyeballer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,360
Posts: 1,261
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumrabbit View Post
So... I have two complaints...

1) I cannot browse to SD.
2) After a fairly short time the screen becomes totally unresponsive.

I have to go back to CWM so I can flash the new CM9. I look forward to a less buggy update.
Try the zips i posted a few posts up. Also you need to enable sdcard in the mounts menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to eyeballer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Quantumrabbit
Old
#82  
Quantumrabbit's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 879
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballer View Post
Try the zips i posted a few posts up. Also you need to enable sdcard in the mounts menu.
I figured I'd waited long enough for the update via Goo app... apparently not. I'll try it now.
 
eyeballer
Old
(Last edited by eyeballer; 21st April 2012 at 02:51 PM.)
#83  
eyeballer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,360
Posts: 1,261
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumrabbit View Post
I figured I'd waited long enough for the update via Goo app... apparently not. I'll try it now.
Actually the update was pushed yesterday, so goo manager will now install the latest version 2.1.1. This should fix the touchscreen issues and a rare issue where you may have gotten "stuck" in recovery. Also adds a new stock theme courtesy of racks11479!
The Following User Says Thank You to eyeballer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nphil
Old
(Last edited by nphil; 23rd April 2012 at 08:04 AM.)
#84  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 161
Join Date: Feb 2008
Touchscreen issues have returned with this latest build, (2.1.1) for me it's only when you try to multitouch the screen though. Nothing but physical buttons respond after that point.
 
Quantumrabbit
Old
#85  
Quantumrabbit's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 879
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballer View Post
Actually the update was pushed yesterday, so goo manager will now install the latest version 2.1.1. This should fix the touchscreen issues and a rare issue where you may have gotten "stuck" in recovery. Also adds a new stock theme courtesy of racks11479!
I haven't gotten 2.1.1, but 2.1 test worked to fix my touchscreen issue.
 
eyeballer
Old
#86  
eyeballer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,360
Posts: 1,261
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphil View Post
Touchscreen issues have returned with this latest build, (2.1.1) for me it's only when you try to multitouch the screen though. Nothing but physical buttons respond after that point.
Can anyone else who had touchscreen issues before provide feedback? This should be working the same as the test versions..... I can't replicate this, my touchscreen seems to work with any of the kernels we use.
 
jaw2012
Old
#87  
jaw2012's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jan 2010
Hey love the Recovery (using most up to date version). The only thing is for some reason my Nook is now always booting into the Recovery. I can get into a normal boot but have to always go thru the reboot function inside recovery.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
 
racks11479
Old
#88  
racks11479's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 751
Posts: 990
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fresh Meadows

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2012 View Post
Hey love the Recovery (using most up to date version). The only thing is for some reason my Nook is now always booting into the Recovery. I can get into a normal boot but have to always go thru the reboot function inside recovery.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
Do you have access to adb? If so, can you try running this command in an adb shell while in recovery?

Code:
# ./sbin/runatboot.sh
See if it post any errors about /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 being read only. And if so, can you pull the recovery.log and post it here?

Code:
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
Thanks,
Racks
 
foltz61
Old
#89  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 218
Join Date: Jun 2007
I'm still having freezing issues. What's weird is that the unlock screen works during the freeze.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
 
deshwasi
Old
#90  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 44
Join Date: Mar 2006
I have a sd card based cm9 install (running nightlies). apparently i dont have any recovery. how do i flash this twrp? i tried with goomanager but it doesnt do anything upon reboot. can i even flash this on a sd-card cm9 install?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes