Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Potential camera problem?

Tip us?

Grimcreaper
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Potential camera problem?

Ive been using the camera without any issues so im not sure if it is related only to a couple apps or if its a possible problem with the camera that may get worse over time.

When using redlaser or att code scanner, after the item is done being scanned, the camera itself makes an audible click which is not a shutter noise. You can feel it, its not as strong a feel as the haptic feedback so i believe its the camera.
Is this something i should be worried about? Should i do an exchange on it?

On a side note, this click does not happen with the normal camera app or with any others ive used, just redlaser and att code scanner so far.

moto rola
Old
Thanks Meter 4
try factory restart
The Following User Says Thank You to moto rola For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tehrules
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimcreaper View Post
Ive been using the camera without any issues so im not sure if it is related only to a couple apps or if its a possible problem with the camera that may get worse over time.

When using redlaser or att code scanner, after the item is done being scanned, the camera itself makes an audible click which is not a shutter noise. You can feel it, its not as strong a feel as the haptic feedback so i believe its the camera.
Is this something i should be worried about? Should i do an exchange on it?

On a side note, this click does not happen with the normal camera app or with any others ive used, just redlaser and att code scanner so far.
Its pretty normal... I use a bar code reader on both my atrixes (ones brand new) and I get that as well.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto rola View Post
try factory restart
And that's going to help how?
The Following User Says Thank You to tehrules For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

giqbal
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehrules View Post
Its pretty normal... I use a bar code reader on both my atrixes (ones brand new) and I get that as well.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

And that's going to help how?
Yea i can confirm this…this is normal. I think happens because of the camera focusing.
The Following User Says Thank You to giqbal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Grimcreaper
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you guys for the feedback and suggestion Glad to know that its not an issue!