[ROM][KQB][ODIN] - broodROM RC5 Rev2 (RC6 in development) -

OP broodplank1337

23rd April 2012, 05:53 AM   |  #3751  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 342

1,921 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am not having either of these issues. So far I am having no problems at all..
23rd April 2012, 06:40 AM   |  #3752  
Flag wijchen
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
@brood, I flashed the ROM, but after the restart, I saw SAMSUNG and then nothing. (Black screen)
Please advise..
23rd April 2012, 07:32 AM   |  #3753  
Thanks Meter: 2

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_razvan

Hey guys, did anybody try to go in settings-more-usb settings.... for me it fc's, i wanted to see if anybody else had this problem, i wiped all partitions before installing, did a hard reset and still the same, mass storage mode works with an app i installed from the play store... Great job on the rom btw, thanks for all you're hard work.

Me too. Got the error message: "The application Setting (process com.android.settig) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
23rd April 2012, 07:36 AM   |  #3754  
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjansen

@brood, I flashed the ROM, but after the restart, I saw SAMSUNG and then nothing. (Black screen)
Please advise..

You probably chose no bootscreen in the script. one option is just a blackscreen, so no animation. Though it should boot normally. First boot takes longer of course.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA
23rd April 2012, 07:48 AM   |  #3755  
Flag Versailles
Thanks Meter: 22

234 posts
More
Thumbs up RC5 loaded > All is OK for me
Hi Brood,

I loaded via odin > very easy as usual , reboot > all perfect .
My results :

standart wifi is ok for me .

phone seems a little bit less rapid than with rc4 .

this is confirmed by antutu score ( 1400 ) which is now 3895 ( 4047 for RC4) ; main lost are in graphic 3D , io database and sd card . Do you have some idea to improve it ?

Also : Please can you explain the benefit of wifi tweak KQ1 and your signed KQ1, if applied can we go back ?, and how can we mesure the real benefit ?

Sure this is a great work as usual ... , thanks a lot for your hard work , can you explain how I can donate ?

best regards
Eric
23rd April 2012, 08:35 AM   |  #3756  
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 56

185 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by broodplank1337

restore it using advanced restore, then when your still in recovery, go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache, then reboot, should work. If it doesn't you will have to copy the apks manually (from data.ext4.tar to /data/app/)

brood i've done as explained and now i got all my data on RC5, but i had a little problem, the application Email is crashing. if someone will have this, just delete the application data and reboot. now mine is working!

brood new question: in the custom label on the right is xda, what is it on the left? sorry but in italian there is written "In corso" that means like "On going" or "Processing"

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcostes

Sure this is a great work as usual ... , thanks a lot for your hard work , can you explain how I can donate ?

best regards
Eric

to donate just click the "Donate me" botton under brood username in any of his post, it will redirect you to a paypal page to process the donation
23rd April 2012, 08:46 AM   |  #3757  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 9

34 posts
More
I9001XXKQB (KPL) (Android 2.3.6) - co KQB or KPL ?
phone saying that its KPL.. is this ok ?

twmanager in RC4 was better - this one in rc5 is little different...
can't resize many widgets... in rc4 all works ok.
no twmanager preferences any many others...
23rd April 2012, 08:56 AM   |  #3758  
Flag wijchen
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHunt3r

You probably chose no bootscreen in the script. one option is just a blackscreen, so no animation. Though it should boot normally. First boot takes longer of course.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA

I don't have installed any boot-animation with the boot-script. (First I flashed the ROM before I will change anything)
But I wait 15 minutes and I get nothing more then a black screen after the startup logo SAMSUNG.
23rd April 2012, 10:14 AM   |  #3759  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 342

1,921 posts
Donate to Me
More
BTW Guys, I also had the issue with usb settings fc. The thing is I have no reason to use them anyhow. I use an app that will load to pc if I need to transfer files so there is no need to use the settings in there anyhow. Either way Broodrom said he will be doing revision2 soon so I am sure he will touch up these minor issues..

So far wifi has not dropped at all. Battery life has been awesome. I am using 1800mghz with cpumaster and got a benchmerk of around 4400. It is a bit lower than what I was getting with simplistic but I really like the new tw. This is the first time I am using TW instead of golauncher. I think I am getting battery battery life using TW now but not sure yet.

Anyhow, so far so good!! Thanks brother!!
23rd April 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #3760  
Thanks Meter: 2

44 posts
1 more problem.

My phone with broodrom RC5 cannot connect to samsung kies.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, broodplank1337, broodrom rc, criempie, custom rom, easy install - fast - clean, fastest rom, gingerbread, gsg+ configurator, i9001, odin one package, pedobear, penthouse, pussy, wet nijmegen girls
Previous Thread Next Thread