This will temporarily disable Safestrap, but once appled, you can restore Safestrap, and your previous Safe system should still be intact.
This is the Motorola update that is being soak tested. To install it, I unfroze all apps, used Voodoo Root Keeper to backup root, and installed from SD card.
To install from SD:
1. Download the file and place it at the root of the SD. After backing up root with Voodoo and unfreezing all apps, prepare to shut down the phone. You should temp-unroot with VooDoo at this point.
2. When turning the phone on, press and hold vol-up and vol-down at the same time. When you have the bootloader menu, press vol-down and then vol-up to get to Motorola recovery.
3. Reveal the recovery options by pressing vol-up and vol-down at the same time when the android and exclanation mark appears.
4. Choose to install a zip from SD, and choose the update. Power button serves as select, volume buttons to move selection.
5. When the update finishes and your phone reboots, restore root from Voodoo, and re-freeze any bloat. You can also restore Safestrap now.
Direct Download of Update Package:
- AntTek App Manager
- Voodoo OTA Root Keeper
NOTE: If you lose Root accidentally, that is OK, just re-root the same way you did before.
NOTE 2: Did you delete or modify your system apps instead of just freezing them? This update will fail. You need to take these packages from the original firmware and use them to replace yours. The zip file contains just the packages you need extracted from skylarmb's very useful ROM.
Sent from my DROID4 using XDA