Ask a question

No registration required

[STABLE][2014.12.16] SuperSU v2.40

OP Chainfire

22nd April 2012, 08:02 AM   |  #591  
Thanks Meter: 18

73 posts
Donate to Me
I am on an optimus v running backside iho and just installed your app which is great but I can't find temporary unroot. Can you please help me? Thank you.
22nd April 2012, 09:17 AM   |  #592  
Thanks Meter: 10

122 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensdroid

I am on an optimus v running backside iho and just installed your app which is great but I can't find temporary unroot. Can you please help me? Thank you.

Just unchech enable superuser

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theone10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #593  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2,073

3,923 posts
I have a request/improvement: in the app list, how about order them alphabetically?
The Following User Says Thank You to Pons For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 02:32 AM   |  #594  
Flag Bracknell
Thanks Meter: 34

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonsAsinorem

I have a request/improvement: in the app list, how about order them alphabetically?

+1

Any options to sort alphabetically/root date/install date/size etc...would be great!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 04:00 AM   |  #595  
Thanks Meter: 182

591 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Still not sure what's going on here. Are you using the latest paid version of root explorer ? I am, and it works fine for me, I've tested it on 9 devices with SuperSU now ... various Android versions. Though if anybody can figure out a pattern to the root explorers not working ...

Interesting... I just tried Wifi Tether 3.1 beta11 to figure out what's causing this, and again, it works fine for me... :S

See my earlier comment regarding root explorer. Are there any other apps you know of that behave this way ?

Instead of lying to everyone like every app that we try doesn't work except when u try it like wifi tether and telling us the devs need to make their apps that have been around compatible with your newer app, why not just make ur app and binaries compatible with however their apps manage root???? So far no real developers wanna touch this because it takes too long to prompt and half the apps won't work with it! U should at least make it work seamlessly with wifi tether since 50% of rooters root just for that feature. It's not cool that you keep telling us to "contact the dev" and "it worked for me" like ALL OF US R DOING SOMETHING WRONG! It does NOT work with WiFi Tether! YOU should contact the devs since YOU are the one selling the app! I wish I knew it didn't work for real before I spent my money on it.....

EDIT: even the uninstall/cleanup feature doesn't work!!!
Last edited by k2trill; 23rd April 2012 at 04:15 AM.
23rd April 2012, 04:20 AM   |  #596  
Thanks Meter: 10

122 posts
Root explorer is working great for me with supersu. I dont use wife tether app. Since the phone comes it with one from the maker.

23rd April 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #597  
Thanks Meter: 182

591 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone10

Root explorer is working great for me with supersu. I dont use wife tether app. Since the phone comes it with one from the maker.

I bought this the day it was released because he is supposed to be from a "recognized developer" but I should have known better since I have gotten ZERO use from Chainfire 3D Pro....
23rd April 2012, 08:41 AM   |  #598  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 616

2,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2trill

Instead of lying to everyone like every app that we try doesn't work except when u try it like wifi tether and telling us the devs need to make their apps that have been around compatible with your newer app, why not just make ur app and binaries compatible with however their apps manage root???? So far no real developers wanna touch this because it takes too long to prompt and half the apps won't work with it! U should at least make it work seamlessly with wifi tether since 50% of rooters root just for that feature. It's not cool that you keep telling us to "contact the dev" and "it worked for me" like ALL OF US R DOING SOMETHING WRONG! It does NOT work with WiFi Tether! YOU should contact the devs since YOU are the one selling the app! I wish I knew it didn't work for real before I spent my money on it.....

EDIT: even the uninstall/cleanup feature doesn't work!!!

To second CF's response... you're doing it wrong lol works for me no problem. Haven't found a single app that has issues with it

Sent from my NookTablet using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 01:24 PM   |  #599  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 55,648

9,479 posts
Donate to Me
More
An issue has been found, identified, and hopefully fixed regarding performance in some cases - including Root Explorer (finally succeeded in replicating the problem). It's currently in the hands of some users and the Root Explorer developers for testing.

I'm not sure whether it could be related to the Samba issue and/or issues with other apps, but if you have one of these problems be sure to re-check with the next updated version. (and comment here about if the problem is or isn't fixed).

EDIT #1: The Root Explorer guys claim the issue is fixed
EDIT #2: Other testers also report this issue should now be solved. Expect an update soon.

@k2trill
You misunderstand me when I say it works for me. I'm not denying there could be a problem with SuperSU, but as long as I cannot reproduce the issue, I cannot fix the issue.

That being said, obviously you are unhappy with SuperSU. I'd be happy to refund your (or anybody else who feels the same) purchase. If you find the transaction in Google Checkout/Wallet, there's an option to request a refund.

@all
I don't comment much here, but don't make the mistake of thinking I'm not following or reading the thread.
Last edited by Chainfire; 23rd April 2012 at 01:36 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 01:47 PM   |  #600  
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 278

1,798 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

An issue has been found, identified, and hopefully fixed regarding performance in some cases - including Root Explorer (finally succeeded in replicating the problem). It's currently in the hands of some users and the Root Explorer developers for testing.

I'm not sure whether it could be related to the Samba issue and/or issues with other apps, but if you have one of these problems be sure to re-check with the next updated version. (and comment here about if the problem is or isn't fixed).

EDIT #1: The Root Explorer guys claim the issue is fixed
EDIT #2: Other testers also report this issue should now be solved. Expect an update soon.

@k2trill
You misunderstand me when I say it works for me. I'm not denying there could be a problem with SuperSU, but as long as I cannot reproduce the issue, I cannot fix the issue.

That being said, obviously you are unhappy with SuperSU. I'd be happy to refund your (or anybody else who feels the same) purchase. If you find the transaction in Google Checkout/Wallet, there's an option to request a refund.

@all
I don't comment much here, but don't make the mistake of thinking I'm not following or reading the thread.

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread