Still not sure what's going on here. Are you using the latest paid version of root explorer ? I am, and it works fine for me, I've tested it on 9 devices with SuperSU now ... various Android versions. Though if anybody can figure out a pattern to the root explorers not working ...
Interesting... I just tried Wifi Tether 3.1 beta11 to figure out what's causing this, and again, it works fine for me... :S
See my earlier comment regarding root explorer. Are there any other apps you know of that behave this way ?
Instead of lying to everyone like every app that we try doesn't work except when u try it like wifi tether and telling us the devs need to make their apps that have been around compatible with your newer app, why not just make ur app and binaries compatible with however their apps manage root???? So far no real developers wanna touch this because it takes too long to prompt and half the apps won't work with it! U should at least make it work seamlessly with wifi tether since 50% of rooters root just for that feature. It's not cool that you keep telling us to "contact the dev" and "it worked for me" like ALL OF US R DOING SOMETHING WRONG! It does NOT work with WiFi Tether! YOU should contact the devs since YOU are the one selling the app! I wish I knew it didn't work for real before I spent my money on it.....
EDIT: even the uninstall/cleanup feature doesn't work!!!
An issue has been found, identified, and hopefully fixed regarding performance in some cases - including Root Explorer (finally succeeded in replicating the problem). It's currently in the hands of some users and the Root Explorer developers for testing.
I'm not sure whether it could be related to the Samba issue and/or issues with other apps, but if you have one of these problems be sure to re-check with the next updated version. (and comment here about if the problem is or isn't fixed).
EDIT #1: The Root Explorer guys claim the issue is fixed
EDIT #2: Other testers also report this issue should now be solved. Expect an update soon.
You misunderstand me when I say it works for me. I'm not denying there could be a problem with SuperSU, but as long as I cannot reproduce the issue, I cannot fix the issue.
That being said, obviously you are unhappy with SuperSU. I'd be happy to refund your (or anybody else who feels the same) purchase. If you find the transaction in Google Checkout/Wallet, there's an option to request a refund.
I don't comment much here, but don't make the mistake of thinking I'm not following or reading the thread.
|root, super user functions|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|