5,599,337 Members 38,303 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New to android coming from IOS

Tip us?

biggangsta1212
Old
(Last edited by biggangsta1212; 23rd April 2012 at 07:46 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] New to android coming from IOS

I'm new to Android coming from the iPhone 4s and iOS, what do you guys recommend that I download In the way of apps and maybe even Roms?
shadowboy23 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggangsta1212 View Post
I'm net to android coming from the iPhone 4s and iOS, what do you guys recommend that I download I the way of apps and maybe even roms?
Welcome to the Android world. In order for members to suggest what to get is you have to give more info on what phone you want or using at the moment.

There are thousands of apps in the android market and lots of ROMs to choose from.

brent8577
Old
Thanks Meter 32
i liked using Engadget, Pulse, IMDB, XDA, Taptu, and a bunch of other stuff most people wouldn't be interested in. i don't have my phone right now so i can't see my Play download history. nobody can tell you what ROM to use. you just have to read and pick one. i mostly just like to look at the pictures. ;p

biggangsta1212
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I have just preordered the htc one x for AT&T and I was wondering what are the best and maybe some of your favorite apps.
shadowboy23 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
I have just preordered the htc one x for AT&T and I was wondering what are the best and maybe some of your favorite apps.
Cool. I like MyBackup Pro and Root Explorer from the market. They are not free but I think they are worth it.

For ROMs I think you have to venture to the One XL forum to find out what they are cooking there.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

biggangsta1212
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Ok thanks, do you know of any apps that are specific to android that are not on ios? And I'll check out that other thread too.

aranab
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Angry birds in space :-p

And I definitely definitely definitely recommend swiftkey, the best keyboard out there (some prefer swype). In fact if you're not happy with the HTC keyboard just have a look around, you can even get the stock android keyboards.

Tegra zone shows you the latest games designed specifically for Tegra phones.

Chrome browser (however it lacks the text reformatting that htc provides on the stock browser)

Enjoy

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to aranab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
shadowboy23 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowboy23 View Post
For ROMs I think you have to venture to the One XL forum to find out what they are cooking there.
I just had a look at the One XL forum and it's like a desert. I hope the devs start cooking something up.

biggangsta1212
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Are there any tips and tricks you could give me for android? Ove never even used an android device before.
shadowboy23 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Are there any tips and tricks you could give me for android? Ove never even used an android device before.
The most important one I believe is if you ever root your device make sure you read the instructions and it should work out fine. ANd always backup your stuff.

Hmmm.. about android it's pretty basic though. Maybe watch some youtube clips to see how it goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C9SCZRBxlo

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]