Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,186 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S-OFF Help!

Tip us?

ENvisiNKeD
Old
Thanks Meter 23
attempted again but this time on my laptop and success on the second try!!!! i was previously using a windows XP and my laptop is a windows 7!

prahasta
Old
Thanks Meter 10
i'm success to S-OFF my 4G raider LTE (x710e) at the first time a try it few hours ago . everythings seems good. before S-OFF, i'm running on Holiraider Final cooked by Bananacakes, now after S-OFF, i'm little bit confused. stay with Hoilraider FInal ( this ROM excellent), or try some ICS ?.

if i decided to try ICS ROM, what should i do first? ['m already have WCXs recovery installed. do i need to run Ginger Official RUU, than Run ICS Official RUU before installed Custom ICS ROM? or i can jump over the step and Flash CUstom ICS ROM + kernel without flash RUU?

ENvisiNKeD
Old
Thanks Meter 23
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...612685
[Guide] ICS for All htc holiday

This might help

Sent from my HTC PH39100
Phone: AT&T Galaxy S4 16GB
ROM: EuroSkank Nightly KitKat
Theme: Holo Glass (Beta)
Storage: 32GB Micro 92.5GB Cloud

kevsthabest
Old
Thanks Meter 129

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prahasta View Post
i'm success to S-OFF my 4G raider LTE (x710e) at the first time a try it few hours ago . everythings seems good. before S-OFF, i'm running on Holiraider Final cooked by Bananacakes, now after S-OFF, i'm little bit confused. stay with Hoilraider FInal ( this ROM excellent), or try some ICS ?.

if i decided to try ICS ROM, what should i do first? ['m already have WCXs recovery installed. do i need to run Ginger Official RUU, than Run ICS Official RUU before installed Custom ICS ROM? or i can jump over the step and Flash CUstom ICS ROM + kernel without flash RUU?
Easiest way is to supercid, then you can run the RUU or even just flash the Rom.zip. either will work (I did the latter since I use linux.) Then you can use any Rom. Ics needs the hboot update from the ruu

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

citsong
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENvisiNKeD View Post
attempted again but this time on my laptop and success on the second try!!!! i was previously using a windows XP and my laptop is a windows 7!
When you finally got it to work did it take you to the screen with the green arrow w/o flashing the boot.img?

ENvisiNKeD
Old
(Last edited by ENvisiNKeD; 23rd April 2012 at 03:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsong View Post
When you finally got it to work did it take you to the screen with the green arrow w/o flashing the boot.img?

Yes it did and all I did was extract the controlbear.zip in my data folder that is used for the Vivid All In One toolkit so fastboot and adb everything is in the same directory ... Ran the .exe and everything went thru first attempt I missed the timing on the first but second I used a video I saw for another phone doing the wire trick but the timing they did definitely worked well...

Sent from my HTC PH39100
Phone: AT&T Galaxy S4 16GB
ROM: EuroSkank Nightly KitKat
Theme: Holo Glass (Beta)
Storage: 32GB Micro 92.5GB Cloud

citsong
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENvisiNKeD View Post
Yes it did and all I did was extract the controlbear.zip in my data folder that is used for the Vivid All In One toolkit so fastboot and adb everything is in the same directory ... Ran the .exe and everything went thru first attempt I missed the timing on the first but second I used a video I saw for another phone doing the wire trick but the timing they did definitely worked well...

Sent from my HTC PH39100
That might have been my problem.. not having it in a folder like that. Managed to get it working though.

prahasta
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevsthabest View Post
Easiest way is to supercid, then you can run the RUU or even just flash the Rom.zip. either will work (I did the latter since I use linux.) Then you can use any Rom. Ics needs the hboot update from the ruu

So, I still need to flash ics ruu, which mean I must flash ginger ruu from att. Since there is no official ruu yet for raider 4g. Do I Vitter kev?

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using xda premium

Reach The Higher, But Always Stay Low

citsong
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by prahasta View Post
So, I still need to flash ics ruu, which mean I must flash ginger ruu from att. Since there is no official ruu yet for raider 4g. Do I Vitter kev?

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using xda premium
Just follow this guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1612685
Once you've got recovery installed and your rooted you can install any of the ICS roms. Some of them have already been updated so you don't have to flash the kernal anymore since we have s-off. Just make sure to check the instructions for the individual roms to see if you have to or not

kevsthabest
Old
Thanks Meter 129

DONATE TO ME
I didn't run any ruu. Didn't relock my bootloader nothing like that. The simplest and least likely way of messing anything up I found was extract the ruu for ics. There will be a zip.called Rom.zip. I removed the hboot update itself (we don't need that one) from the zip. Then I.did fastboot reboot OEM-42. Fastboot flash zip Rom.zip.

Took a few minutes to flash. Rebooted and everything was working. The hboot I have is already higher (the one they included with juoponutbear) then the is update. But you need to get the new firmware from the ruu fo be flashed still.

Follow the guide previously posted and you should be fine tho. I just used a slightly different method to do.it myself