FORUMS

[Q] Is building a completely TouchWiz-free rom possible?

Thanks Meter: 2

By jcoreyelmore, Junior Member on 23rd April 2012, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm reading some guides on how to build my own ROM, but in the interim I'm wondering if what I'm looking to do is even possible. I came from a Nexus S 4G and had a completely bare-bones ROM (SlimICS). I want to do something similar, the intent being to completely remove all traces of TouchWiz. I want to know if this is even possible, if it's been done, and if not I want to know what the issues are. Also, links to any sort of guides are greatly appreciated.

23rd April 2012, 03:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 742

Donate to Me
More
I highly doubt u will accomplish what u seek by reading some from making guides. Most of the current ones are for gingerbread and not ics. We will not have a touchwizz free rom (otherwise known as also) for quite sometime. That being said our current devs have done a great job of themeing over it and replacing most things. Sky ics 4.2D-6 and NexusMOD are good examples.
23rd April 2012, 07:42 AM |#3  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag westminster maryland
Thanks Meter: 2,688

Donate to Me
More
You need to go here and read this thread they are building ics aosp.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1586198

Honestly no . Its almost impossible.
nrm5110
23rd April 2012, 11:13 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Impossible no but it will take a massive amount of knowledge gotta say our boys have been doing a top notch job for having basically nothing I think the project will have better chances once kernel source drops for ics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i727, sgs2, skyrocket, slimics, touchwiz
Previous Thread Next Thread