Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

PS Certified for What

OP bhavei

23rd April 2012, 02:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66

448 posts
There are a lot of games in the Market that works on multiple devices, but so far what titles ive seen w/ is created for X-Play only is Experiment 13 or what, great titles are not ported to this device, games are limited and a lot of them are kids game. Final Fantasy Remake, Devil May Cry and a lot more names that popularized on PS are created by Japanese. Im quite disappointed getting this phone, for no reason i didnt get the play station satisfaction. Itll be much better if sony would own modifications for xplay such as camera mod and game keyboard.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 08:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

112 posts
Mmh, Im pretty happy with play, It got vastly more support and was way more succesfull than Nokias Ngage and Ngage 2 software. Xplay perfected the formula and is heading to right direction.

Emulators work and there is few decent games on the market, I will be there buying Xplay 2 without hesistation

Granted, price was too high but there was multiple reasons, one being unique game pad that wasnt even mass producted before (I dont think they directly used PSP GO's model to create Xplay's plastics)

Besides, PS suite is yet to come, things might get interesting
23rd April 2012, 08:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66

448 posts
After a year, few games ported ti xperia play,assassins creed and the devil may cry 4 fr. Japan... Oh yeah final fantasy also created on Japan and has english only for iPhone.

23rd April 2012, 08:44 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

112 posts
I dont think those are PS suite content (just PS store)

PS suite just entered Open Beta, just wait till its open for public (other than for developers)
23rd April 2012, 08:48 AM   |  #5  
Flag Serpong
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
More
you should try using PSXPERIA, it could convert your backup images (.bin, .iso, .img) of Playstation games into an APK, and it will be integrated into your Playstation Pocket, take a look at this link to see how it works now:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1530228

Besides using PSXPERIA, we can also play many HD games for ANDROID with the gamepad and even touchpad, it is the difference that we had and the others couldn't have it. you should try games that were published by Gameloft, EA, and Glu. they have many great games with many genre available..

Xperia Play is the best phone that i ever have, i bought it together with 2 of my friends, and one of them already sold it, because he didn't know how to maximize the potential of Xperia Play, you should try to use Stock Based Custom ROM, using PSXPERIA, and play Android HD Games in you XPeria Play

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to lucil13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 08:59 AM   |  #6  
Flag Tenerife
Thanks Meter: 639

2,459 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you want games which don't treat you as a 13 year old, don't let 13 year olds (actually their parents) buy smartphones. Only now are we starting to see mature stuff (or at least parent-service of some kind) in video games, when some 30 year olds play with them.

XPlay-Swype
23rd April 2012, 02:11 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

47 posts
I'm lovin the phone
I'm sorry you don't get the joy out of the phone as the rest does.
But I honestly can't get your reason, you even say you are dissapointed for no reason... so

You can't get the playstation feeling? There are more than 300 android games out which work with the dpad, 300 games that your friends have to play via annoying touch controls. Even tho Shadowgun, Backstab, Gangster Rio and so on aren't playstation titles, they are awesome to play and no kid games... Besides.. you can play various Playstation games, FinalFantasy, Gran Turismo, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid to name just a few.
Plus All those other emulators SNES/N64/Dosbox/Sega which let you play classic games with the dpad... It's awesome!!! Here a quick round of Street Fighter on SNES, bit of Mario on N64, kill some zombies in resident evil....
You get a full android phone with all the goodies + an Univarsel pocket gaming machine <3

I guess you either love the phone, or do not care for its features in which case you shouldnt have got it in the first place.
23rd April 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 10

46 posts
More
Playstation Suite is not something that can be released as such, it is a developer program, enabling the users of Playstation Certified devices to download games from a community of developers, these developers, through the playstation suite SDK can take advantages of Playstation Services, however currently not trophies. These games will then be added to the Playstation Store on your XPlay.
24th April 2012, 09:19 AM   |  #9  
Flag tehran
Thanks Meter: 197

1,591 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavei

There are a lot of games in the Market that works on multiple devices, but so far what titles ive seen w/ is created for X-Play only is Experiment 13 or what, great titles are not ported to this device, games are limited and a lot of them are kids game. Final Fantasy Remake, Devil May Cry and a lot more names that popularized on PS are created by Japanese. Im quite disappointed getting this phone, for no reason i didnt get the play station satisfaction. Itll be much better if sony would own modifications for xplay such as camera mod and game keyboard.

+1 , i'm agree with you , there is no sony's exclusive game .

i'm sure if samsung or htc were experienced enough on games as prefect as sony has , they allways wold make sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many #1 games , and they would show off on their mobile-play technology !

i can't understand why sony with this huge experience on PS1, PS2 ,PS3 , psp and vita don't want to make its #1 games on xperia play ! or don't want to make a powerful xperia play !

our xperia play is really out of date for #1 games ...
DennisDroid
25th April 2012, 12:10 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Try Emus like FPSE (Y)

With those Emus you can play all these old but gold games like Tekken 3 or Wipeout 3 or somenthin else

I am one of those people who loves their play

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread