Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 53,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HOW TO Decompile/Recompile /edit smali ICS

Tip us?

roughneckboren
Old
(Last edited by roughneckboren; 23rd April 2012 at 07:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver03wrx View Post
Those would be errors from .9pngs what were not edited properly on the decompile. And either same on recompile. Or xml errors.
Do u have the new aapt from the new sdk is also what i would make sure of .

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Also do apktool b -f SystemUI when u recompile

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

And systemui/res\values doesnt look right

Systemui/res/values

Somethin funy going on with the /\ not a valid directory. / /
I have all the updated stuff and tried wanam's . Like I said I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the sdk and apktool files.
I've tried apktool b SystemUI.API, apktool -f........., but it won't matter if I can't decompile correctly right?
All of this is from the ROM I'm using(appdroids) and I've also tried to do a stock from with the same results.
I've put everything in my C:\ directory like every tutorial I've watched or read said to do. That's why I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.
I also have Ubuntu dual booted on my computer and still can't get it to work.

I really wanna figure this stuff out because I would love to start a ROM of my own.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium
If You DON'T KNOW Use Google

silver03wrx
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2688

DONATE TO ME
Gots team viewer?

StolenVW
Old
Thanks Meter 401

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Those would be errors from .9pngs what were not edited properly on the decompile. And either same on recompile. Or xml errors.

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Systemui/res/values

The funny \ in the dir name is from not putting the new aapt into autoapktool dir.... I was getting that on recompile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

roughneckboren
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Quote:
Gots team viewer?
No but it won't be hard to get

slambkny
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:

Systemui/res/values

Thanks for this. I'm trying to learn. I'm stuck tho. I decompiled my framework-Res.apk I made changes and rran compile script.
Now I have a file called singedframework-Res.apk
Please tell me what to do next so its ready to go back into the phone.Thank You

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

roughneckboren
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Can anyone help?

m4570d0n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1022

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slambkny View Post
Thanks for this. I'm trying to learn. I'm stuck tho. I decompiled my framework-Res.apk I made changes and rran compile script.
Now I have a file called singedframework-Res.apk
Please tell me what to do next so its ready to go back into the phone.Thank You

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
pretty sure you don't want to sign system apks. If you're useing the Autoapktool sean posted here, then after you choose option 11 to compile, it will ask you if it is a system app. you say yes. It will ask if you about using other files you did not edit, you say yes. It will generate a folder called "keep." Go to the keep folder and delete every file you edited and leave everything else. If you made any xml edits, then delete resources.arsc too. Then go back to the prompt and hit enter. It will create an unsigned apk.

Now, I dunno if this is necessary if you made sure to set compression level to zero but sean recommended this and it's worked for me. You right click on the new unsigned apk, and extract it with 7zip. Go into the extracted directory. Highlight everything and right-click > Add to Archives. In the winrar window that comes up select zip, change compression method to "Store", remove the "unsigned" part of the file name and change the end of it from zip to apk. Done.

PlagueBoy
Old
(Last edited by PlagueBoy; 25th April 2012 at 10:44 PM.) Reason: Forget to mention it was apktool 1.4.2 initially... sigh.
Thanks Meter 102
roughneckboren - I was having a similar issue when I was trying to decompile Systemui.apk's from the UCALC4 roms as well. I have no clue if this will help you, but what worked for me was saving the apktool.jar from the folder downloaded from Wanam to another name (I used apktool.jar.bak) and then copied the apktool.jar from apktool 1.4.2 and dropped it into the folder. At that point I was able to decompile the SystemUI.apk and modify it however I wanted. When finished, and before compiling, I just renamed the apktool.jar from 1.4.2 and named the original from Wanam back.

This only happened to me on UCALC4 roms and I haven't had a single issue with the UCLD2 roms that I have edited. Again, I have no clue if this is going to help you but it is what worked for me so I figured there is no harm in at least mentioning it...

Hope you get it figured out, or have already. Good luck! Also, thanks to Sean, Silver and the rest of everyone else here on the forums for getting this information out to everyone!

iceofhavik
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Hey im actually having this problem here using your manager.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Thu 04/26/2012 -- 10:50:25.59|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
java version "1.6.0_31"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.6-b01, mixed mode, sharing)
Could Not Find C:\Users\Toria\Documents\Arc\Apk_Manager_ICS\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/signedSystemUI.apk
Could Not Find C:\Users\Toria\Documents\Arc\Apk_Manager_ICS\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/unsignedSystemUI.apk
I: Baksmaling...
I: Loading resource table...
I: Loaded.
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\Toria\apktool\framework\1.apk
I: Loaded.
I: Decoding file-resources...
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x010806fe
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x0108073e
I: Decoding values*/* XMLs...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec: 0x010a010b
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPa ckage.java:61)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTabl e.java:55)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTabl e.java:51)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.get Referent(ResReferenceValue.java:59)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.enc odeAsResXml(ResReferenceValue.java:46)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encode AsResXmlValue(ResScalarValue.java:54)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResStyleValue.seriali zeToResValuesXml(ResStyleValue.java:56)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.generateValues File(AndrolibResources.java:264)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.decode(Androli bResources.java:137)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeResourcesFull(Androli b.java:93)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:98 )
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:128)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:65)

Im actually trying to edit an xperia arc arconium ics systemui.apk which is deoxed.

eaglesuper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
i tried to follow the tutorial ( got an normal SII XD )
But the problem ist ...if i use apktool or apkmanager: I never get a smali folder.
I try to edit camera.apk (

Pls tell me what i'm doing wrong

Thank you