Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fp1 vs ep4

Tip us?

cnoevl21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Fp1 vs ep4

Just want some opinions from ppl; is there a big diff between the 2? Worth doin the update? I ask cuz it is always a pain to go back to stock and then re-setup all ur apps, widgets, contacts, etc.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

cliMAKtic
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Honestly reading through the specs the only real advantage that I felt would benefit us rooted/debloated users that I could see that were worth getting were some improvements to the radio. I'm still on EP4 build and I'm fairly certain I'm going to stick on it until a more major update comes around. I will say that after lone flashing the FP1 radios I have been getting seemingly faster gps locks, slightly stronger data connections, and even fewer drops so I would say that flashing the new radios is worth it.. but since you can do that over EP4 without messing with your rom its just better that way, and also since im running brilliantly on Eclipse EP4 now why mess. My two cents

Moto Razr M (Stock-Rooted)
Check out my Razr M homescreens (Transparency & Minimalism Themed)

R.I.P. - Samsung Fascinate
R.I.P. - Samsung Droid Charge

Please hit the THANKS button if somebody helped you out!

shrike1978
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,094

DONATE TO ME
Everything is snappier feeling on FP1. I'd chalk that up to placebo if it wasn't universally reported.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
My HTC Rezound Development:
CounterShrike (Heavily modified CM9 - Aroma Installer) - PAC-Man (CM10/AOKP/Paranoid Android hybrid) - Ermahgerd Kernel (ICS/JB AOSP kernel)

My smartphone history: iPhone (Retired) - iPhone 3G (Retired) - iPhone 3GS (Retired) - Samsung Droid Charge (Retired) - HTC Rezound (Dev phone) - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Current)

All of my work is open source: My Github
Donations are never expected, but always appreciated.

JihadSquad
Old
Thanks Meter 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike1978 View Post
Everything is snappier feeling on FP1. I'd chalk that up to placebo if it wasn't universally reported.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Yup... Even bone stock FP1 is lagless compared to EP4.
I will DIE for our cause!
VZW Galaxy S4 - Stock