Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock ICS and custom ICS

Tip us?

imkid5359
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Stock ICS and custom ICS

My question is, is there a very large difference in speed and smoothness between STOCK ICS(stock kernel) and CUSTOM ROM(custom kernal), let say, acronium 2 and doomkernel ? thank you

Cuerrix
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Custom roms are smoother because the bloatware is removed and a lot of tweaks are applied but in some ROMs features like video recording don't work.

Sent from my Arc S using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuerrix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArcMan09
Old
Thanks Meter 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuerrix View Post
Custom roms are smoother because the bloatware is removed and a lot of tweaks are applied but in some ROMs features like video recording don't work.

+1
Previous Model (DEAD) :-
Xperia arc
Xperia X8

Current Model :-
Galaxy Grand Duos Gt-I9082

If i have helped U, don't forget to hit thanks Button.
It Will be My pleasure For Sure.

fabou
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

+1

imkid5359
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

i see, thanks for the head up, but what about battery life? i read somewhere that said, stock ROM has the better battery life compared to custom ROM, is it true?

king-iyokan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by imkid5359 View Post
i see, thanks for the head up, but what about battery life? i read somewhere that said, stock ROM has the better battery life compared to custom ROM, is it true?
Depends upon the kernel

Sent from my X10S using XDA

hush66
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by imkid5359 View Post
There seems to be an issue with custom kernels draining battery. So best to use the stock kernel with CWM.