Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROM Manager

Tip us?

41rw4lk
Old
Thanks Meter 109
I did away with the bootstrapper and use the cwm on every boot method, which is built into the Sonya rom now I believe. Can I flash the Bionic recovery still without messing everything up?

rob219
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41rw4lk View Post
I did away with the bootstrapper and use the cwm on every boot method, which is built into the Sonya rom now I believe. Can I flash the Bionic recovery still without messing everything up?
yes it will work finr as i have done so. Also, the options in rom manager that alow you to backup or restore a rom do work as i have used both mutiple times with out a problem. I just flashed the new lithium rom today right after i backed up my atrix sonya rom using the backup option.
The Following User Says Thank You to rob219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KEB64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
@cogeary
Is there a method to remove the Bionic Recovery? When the Atrix 2 Recovery becomes available would we install that over the Bionic?

The End.
HTC EVO 4G LTE cm11 nightlies
Free and Open Source Software for Android

41rw4lk
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob219 View Post
yes it will work finr as i have done so. Also, the options in rom manager that alow you to backup or restore a rom do work as i have used both mutiple times with out a problem. I just flashed the new lithium rom today right after i backed up my atrix sonya rom using the backup option.
I just flashed the Bionic recovery and it works perfectly with Rom Manager. One click backup. Thanks for the tip.
The Following User Says Thank You to 41rw4lk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rob219
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB64 View Post
@cogeary
Is there a method to remove the Bionic Recovery? When the Atrix 2 Recovery becomes available would we install that over the Bionic?

The End.
im not sure about removing it from out phone, but i do know if we ever get an officail or unofficial recovery made just for the atrix 2 you would just either flash it using rom manager (if its in the list of devices) or flash the zip in recovery and reboot into your rom or reboot recovery to check it out.

41rw4lk
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Technically, the recoveries we're flashing now aren't replacing the system recovery, they're just put in the system and loaded like any other script. If you try to get to recovery manually with buttons, you hit the default system recovery. If we ever get an unlocked bootloader and an official CWM then we're golden and can overwrite the system recovery. So uninstalling everything else should be a matter of deleting scripts, or just not build them into roms anymore since we won't need to.

It's late, so if I'm talking out my ass I apologize. I will say, I appreciate all the work and help from everyone here.