Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

ROM Manager

OP KEB64

23rd April 2012, 06:36 AM   |  #11  
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 109

242 posts
More
I did away with the bootstrapper and use the cwm on every boot method, which is built into the Sonya rom now I believe. Can I flash the Bionic recovery still without messing everything up?
23rd April 2012, 07:11 AM   |  #12  
Flag here and there
Thanks Meter: 75

488 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41rw4lk

I did away with the bootstrapper and use the cwm on every boot method, which is built into the Sonya rom now I believe. Can I flash the Bionic recovery still without messing everything up?

yes it will work finr as i have done so. Also, the options in rom manager that alow you to backup or restore a rom do work as i have used both mutiple times with out a problem. I just flashed the new lithium rom today right after i backed up my atrix sonya rom using the backup option.
The Following User Says Thank You to rob219 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 07:52 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Tan Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 78

704 posts
More
@cogeary
Is there a method to remove the Bionic Recovery? When the Atrix 2 Recovery becomes available would we install that over the Bionic?

The End.
23rd April 2012, 08:19 AM   |  #14  
Flag Springfield, MO

242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob219

yes it will work finr as i have done so. Also, the options in rom manager that alow you to backup or restore a rom do work as i have used both mutiple times with out a problem. I just flashed the new lithium rom today right after i backed up my atrix sonya rom using the backup option.

I just flashed the Bionic recovery and it works perfectly with Rom Manager. One click backup. Thanks for the tip.
The Following User Says Thank You to 41rw4lk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 08:20 AM   |  #15  
Flag here and there
Thanks Meter: 75

488 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB64

@cogeary
Is there a method to remove the Bionic Recovery? When the Atrix 2 Recovery becomes available would we install that over the Bionic?

The End.

im not sure about removing it from out phone, but i do know if we ever get an officail or unofficial recovery made just for the atrix 2 you would just either flash it using rom manager (if its in the list of devices) or flash the zip in recovery and reboot into your rom or reboot recovery to check it out.
23rd April 2012, 08:35 AM   |  #16  
Flag Springfield, MO

242 posts
More
Technically, the recoveries we're flashing now aren't replacing the system recovery, they're just put in the system and loaded like any other script. If you try to get to recovery manually with buttons, you hit the default system recovery. If we ever get an unlocked bootloader and an official CWM then we're golden and can overwrite the system recovery. So uninstalling everything else should be a matter of deleting scripts, or just not build them into roms anymore since we won't need to.

It's late, so if I'm talking out my ass I apologize. I will say, I appreciate all the work and help from everyone here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread