Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Tablet/Hybrid UI Mode [CM9][ALPHA6+]

Tip us?

flaheat88
Old
Thanks Meter 9
This is Killer.. working flawlessly on AOKP build 33...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-23-01-46-25.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1020078  
*Lighter Flicks*..

sjsharksfan420
Old
Thanks Meter 754
This tabletUI is freakin SICK! It actually makes your phone sicker on AoKP or NV! I tested on NV and as long as you use b32 for now, its good to go, now since I updated and nandroided NV, gonna do the same for AoKP now..

sj

Sent from my sgs2e4gt on AoKPb33 FD19 aOS 4.0.4 using Tap@Talk 2 Beta 5

Carbajal3009
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsalinas1 View Post
Clean install? What launcher are you using? I didn't get any system ui FC's at all.
Yes fresh install on everything. So far I've tried go launcher.. nova launcher.. adw ex and I get random UI fcs I can live with it for now.. but gets annoying... that's my only problem. Other than that all is good. thanks for such a great find

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

slick_rick
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6,201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoles07 View Post
I get system UI closes constantly while in any app, including this one. The nav bar disappears for a couple seconds then comes back. Cleanest install possible. Launcher shouldn't matter since it is only while in an app but I'm running the standard nova Launcher, unhacked.

Edit: I found a fix. In rom control in the navigation bar just enable four buttons instead of the standard three. I chose to make the fourth button menu. No force closes, and it comes in handy actually.

Oh, this is hands down the best mod/theme for our phone. Thank you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
NP man, if this works for the other guy getting System UI FC's, I'll add to OP. Make sure to thank the mod creator also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaheat88 View Post
This is Killer.. working flawlessly on AOKP build 33...
NP, enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharksfan420 View Post
This tabletUI is freakin SICK! It actually makes your phone sicker on AoKP or NV! I tested on NV and as long as you use b32 for now, its good to go, now since I updated and nandroided NV, gonna do the same for AoKP now..

sj

Sent from my sgs2e4gt on AoKPb33 FD19 aOS 4.0.4 using Tap@Talk 2 Beta 5
It does look pretty sick, have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbajal3009 View Post
Yes fresh install on everything. So far I've tried go launcher.. nova launcher.. adw ex and I get random UI fcs I can live with it for now.. but gets annoying... that's my only problem. Other than that all is good. thanks for such a great find

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Try doing what Jnoles07 did. In rom control settings under nav bar options, set 4 buttons instead of the standard 3. Your choice on what it controls. If you are doing so already, idk what to say since I have had no FC's since I flashed it. Enjoy.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
I don't answer rom support questions through PM! You will be ignored! Post your question in the relevant thread instead.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slick_rick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

im0rtalz
Old
Thanks Meter 560
update, not sure if it's build 33 or the mod but verified 4g will turn on but won't connect, restored cm9 and 4g connects again, I'll test build 33 with out the mod when I get home.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Xylograph
Old
Thanks Meter 7,725

DONATE TO ME
rsalinas1,

Could you try the CM9 version when you have some time ?

Thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xylograph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slick_rick
Old
(Last edited by slick_rick; 23rd April 2012 at 04:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6,201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylograph View Post
rsalinas1,

Could you try the CM9 version when you have some time ?

Thanks.
Testing right now on a dirty install and clean install. Will report back.

Edit: Tried it on a dirty install on my CM9 backup and it works great, no FC's or anything. Hacked Nova launcher works good also. Thanks Xylograph

I don't answer rom support questions through PM! You will be ignored! Post your question in the relevant thread instead.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slick_rick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VDub2174
Old
(Last edited by VDub2174; 23rd April 2012 at 04:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Ok I'm not too sure if it'll work on something thats not AOSP. You're welcome to try but remember you're flashing at your own risk. Just do a clean install and then change LCD Density upon reboot using rom toolbox from the market, set to 128 and reboot. Let me know if it does work, or not.
I'm going to be 100% honest here, I'm a little scared to do that......LOL

I'm looking into AOKP ROMs now and when I find one Ilike I'll go from there. Just a question though, is it still necessary for me to flash back to EL26? the ROM I'm using now is an ICS ROM with FD02 kernel with CWM.

EDIT: Got my answer in one of those threads.
The worst foe lies within the self.....
Get yourself some Dropbox space: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
The Following User Says Thank You to VDub2174 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slick_rick
Old
Thanks Meter 6,201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
I'm going to be 100% honest here, I'm a little scared to do that......LOL

I'm looking into AOKP ROMs now and when I find one Ilike I'll go from there. Just a question though, is it still necessary for me to flash back to EL26? the ROM I'm using now is an ICS ROM with FD02 kernel with CWM.

EDIT: Got my answer in one of those threads.
I thought u had meant u were trying it on that rom lol. Yea its works great on aokp but yes use el26 or risk bricking.

The Following User Says Thank You to slick_rick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VDub2174
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
I thought u had meant u were trying it on that rom lol. Yea its works great on aokp but yes use el26 or risk bricking.

I like customizing my phone and all but I'm not that adventurous.......LOL

I saw a post my MIJJz over in the NV thread saying he was going to be updating the ROM to build 33 so I'll wait for him to do that before trying
The worst foe lies within the self.....
Get yourself some Dropbox space: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa