Post Reply

Followed video tut for rooting, now i'm lost. What's a ROM, and where do I start?

OP Wodensman

23rd April 2012, 09:11 AM   |  #61  
Beastmode's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7,379
 
3,784 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoen

Take it offline if you want. I don't care. lol You know what to do.

Not really I forget what comes first flashing or restoring lol jk



if you ain't first you're last
23rd April 2012, 09:14 AM   |  #62  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,411
 
2,660 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
What if your restoring something you already flashed? All right back on topic. OP eriks a smart dude and he'll hook you up.
23rd April 2012, 09:16 AM   |  #63  
Beastmode's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7,379
 
3,784 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoen

What if your restoring something you already flashed? All right back on topic. OP eriks a smart dude and he'll hook you up.

Or flashing the new efs restore and I'm already talking to him on ymess :P



if you ain't first you're last
The Following User Says Thank You to Beastmode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 10:14 AM   |  #64  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
468 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
big, BIG, HUGE thanks to erik!!!! Very friendly, and very detailed. I know what I'm on about now. That guy is great help. Good hearted, to boot. Lumines, and erik, you guys freakin rock. I love this ROM, it's beautiful. I'm going to be a member here as long as I have a phone that will run Android, lol. If either of you guys ever need some free PS work, HIT ME UP!!i I want to repay with something useful too!

Anyways, one thing to the folks who make guides:
I'm use a pre-paid SIM, as I don't ever use my phone to talk, just A LOT of text, for which, plans are dirt cheap. As far as data, I have wi-fi everywhere I go, but on the road, so I never worry about that. In your guides, maybe you could put a warning of some kind, that when the phone boots up into the new ROM, you might want to skip the google account set up, and go straight into the setting and disable carrier data, and enable your wi-fi FIRST THING. I know pre-paid users around here virtually don't exist. But they are somewhere! it outed me $5.86, before I caught on. Not a big deal, and still totally worth it.

Thank you all again, SO MUCH!
23rd April 2012, 10:23 AM   |  #65  
Beastmode's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7,379
 
3,784 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodensman

big, BIG, HUGE thanks to erik!!!! Very friendly, and very detailed. I know what I'm on about now. That guy is great help. Good hearted, to boot. Lumines, and erik, you guys freakin rock. I love this ROM, it's beautiful. I'm going to be a member here as long as I have a phone that will run Android, lol. If either of you guys ever need some free PS work, HIT ME UP!!i I want to repay with something useful too!

Anyways, one thing to the folks who make guides:
I'm use a pre-paid SIM, as I don't ever use my phone to talk, just A LOT of text, for which, plans are dirt cheap. As far as data, I have wi-fi everywhere I go, but on the road, so I never worry about that. In your guides, maybe you could put a warning of some kind, that when the phone boots up into the new ROM, you might want to skip the google account set up, and go straight into the setting and disable carrier data, and enable your wi-fi FIRST THING. I know pre-paid users around here virtually don't exist. But they are somewhere! it outed me $5.86, before I caught on. Not a big deal, and still totally worth it.

Thank you all again, SO MUCH!

Thank Raverx3x as well he made the rom :P



if you ain't first you're last
23rd April 2012, 07:11 PM   |  #66  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
468 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Ok. I'm loving the ROM. I can play GTA 3, almost lag-free! It probably would be completely lag free if I wouldn't have put GO launcher back on the phone? Is there a launcher that uses less resources, but lets me customize 'effects'? Or, what launchers would people suggest, when using this?
23rd April 2012, 07:44 PM   |  #67  
lumin30's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,165
 
2,204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
I use GoLauncher EX and love it. Go back to the guide and try flashing a tweak if you haven't already done that.
23rd April 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #68  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
468 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumin30

I use GoLauncher EX and love it. Go back to the guide and try flashing a tweak if you haven't already done that.

Alright. Also, why would I need to get rid of DSPManager? and wi-fi calling is still on my phone? RAM usage seems to be going back to the old high usage for some reason.
23rd April 2012, 08:44 PM   |  #69  
lumin30's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,165
 
2,204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Raver may have added WiFi Calling back. There is a bug in DSP Manaver to where if you utilize tbe equalizer it will cause music to skip while playing.

How does your phone seem when using? Fast? Smooth? If so, don't worry about RAM usage. One thing you can do however is look into the app Gemini App Manager or AutoStarts and block some non system apps from autostarting when your phone boots or at other times when you don't need them running.

Get rid of WiFi Calling if you don't use it. It is a battery, ram, etc drainer.
chris31jct
23rd April 2012, 08:50 PM   |  #70  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
I think it's simpler to use the Gremlin Remover, then put Valhalla Black FB Rom in SD Card, boot into CWM and the flash VB FB from there. It makes backups and its just like 5 steps and in about 10 mins can be done.

For launcher I use Zeam since last year summer, very simple and fast.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes