Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 37,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Followed video tut for rooting, now i'm lost. What's a ROM, and where do I start?

Tip us?

Beastmode
Old
Thanks Meter 7,365

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoen View Post
Take it offline if you want. I don't care. lol You know what to do.
Not really I forget what comes first flashing or restoring lol jk

if you ain't first you're last
If you love it then hit thanks or donate button :P
My Work:
Love it or leave it :P
Troll me? Go ahead i don't mind
GPL Compliant right here! haha

hechoen
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1,411
What if your restoring something you already flashed? All right back on topic. OP eriks a smart dude and he'll hook you up.

Beastmode
Old
Thanks Meter 7,365

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoen View Post
What if your restoring something you already flashed? All right back on topic. OP eriks a smart dude and he'll hook you up.
Or flashing the new efs restore and I'm already talking to him on ymess :P

My Work:
The Following User Says Thank You to Beastmode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wodensman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
big, BIG, HUGE thanks to erik!!!! Very friendly, and very detailed. I know what I'm on about now. That guy is great help. Good hearted, to boot. Lumines, and erik, you guys freakin rock. I love this ROM, it's beautiful. I'm going to be a member here as long as I have a phone that will run Android, lol. If either of you guys ever need some free PS work, HIT ME UP!!i I want to repay with something useful too!

Anyways, one thing to the folks who make guides:
I'm use a pre-paid SIM, as I don't ever use my phone to talk, just A LOT of text, for which, plans are dirt cheap. As far as data, I have wi-fi everywhere I go, but on the road, so I never worry about that. In your guides, maybe you could put a warning of some kind, that when the phone boots up into the new ROM, you might want to skip the google account set up, and go straight into the setting and disable carrier data, and enable your wi-fi FIRST THING. I know pre-paid users around here virtually don't exist. But they are somewhere! it outed me $5.86, before I caught on. Not a big deal, and still totally worth it.

Thank you all again, SO MUCH!

Beastmode
Old
Thanks Meter 7,365

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodensman View Post
big, BIG, HUGE thanks to erik!!!! Very friendly, and very detailed. I know what I'm on about now. That guy is great help. Good hearted, to boot. Lumines, and erik, you guys freakin rock. I love this ROM, it's beautiful. I'm going to be a member here as long as I have a phone that will run Android, lol. If either of you guys ever need some free PS work, HIT ME UP!!i I want to repay with something useful too!

Anyways, one thing to the folks who make guides:
I'm use a pre-paid SIM, as I don't ever use my phone to talk, just A LOT of text, for which, plans are dirt cheap. As far as data, I have wi-fi everywhere I go, but on the road, so I never worry about that. In your guides, maybe you could put a warning of some kind, that when the phone boots up into the new ROM, you might want to skip the google account set up, and go straight into the setting and disable carrier data, and enable your wi-fi FIRST THING. I know pre-paid users around here virtually don't exist. But they are somewhere! it outed me $5.86, before I caught on. Not a big deal, and still totally worth it.

Thank you all again, SO MUCH!
Thank Raverx3x as well he made the rom :P

My Work:

Wodensman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Ok. I'm loving the ROM. I can play GTA 3, almost lag-free! It probably would be completely lag free if I wouldn't have put GO launcher back on the phone? Is there a launcher that uses less resources, but lets me customize 'effects'? Or, what launchers would people suggest, when using this?

lumin30
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,161

DONATE TO ME
I use GoLauncher EX and love it. Go back to the guide and try flashing a tweak if you haven't already done that.
If you appreciate my help - Please Hit Thanks!

> > [GUIDE] Stock Froyo to Custom GB Made Easy < <
> > [GUIDE] Heimdall One-Click For Dummies < <
> > [GUIDE] Stock GB 2.3.6 APK Repository < <

THE THANKS BUTTON IS BELOW --------------------------------------------------

Wodensman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumin30 View Post
I use GoLauncher EX and love it. Go back to the guide and try flashing a tweak if you haven't already done that.
Alright. Also, why would I need to get rid of DSPManager? and wi-fi calling is still on my phone? RAM usage seems to be going back to the old high usage for some reason.

lumin30
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,161

DONATE TO ME
Raver may have added WiFi Calling back. There is a bug in DSP Manaver to where if you utilize tbe equalizer it will cause music to skip while playing.

How does your phone seem when using? Fast? Smooth? If so, don't worry about RAM usage. One thing you can do however is look into the app Gemini App Manager or AutoStarts and block some non system apps from autostarting when your phone boots or at other times when you don't need them running.

Get rid of WiFi Calling if you don't use it. It is a battery, ram, etc drainer.
If you appreciate my help - Please Hit Thanks!

> > [GUIDE] Stock Froyo to Custom GB Made Easy < <
> > [GUIDE] Heimdall One-Click For Dummies < <
> > [GUIDE] Stock GB 2.3.6 APK Repository < <

THE THANKS BUTTON IS BELOW --------------------------------------------------
chris31jct Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think it's simpler to use the Gremlin Remover, then put Valhalla Black FB Rom in SD Card, boot into CWM and the flash VB FB from there. It makes backups and its just like 5 steps and in about 10 mins can be done.

For launcher I use Zeam since last year summer, very simple and fast.