Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,590 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] |4/21/2012| |ReloadedROM™| |CM9 Reloaded v1.2H| |Kindle Fire| |Kernel 3.0|

Tip us?

lovejoy777
Old
Thanks Meter 1,849

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-Dado View Post
I've installed the rom 1,2H but the usb storage doesn't work: Do I have to do something?
you should see a wierd battery icon in notifications if you select it, it says something about sim cards, just ignore text and select option to connect.

do you have these options?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
Gnex: Dreams 4.4 KitKat
Kindle Fire: OtterX SlimKat & 777Kernel
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2747564
Nexus 5: SlimKat

If you like my work or think I have helped please hit the thanks/donate buttons

artur0588
Old
(Last edited by artur0588; 23rd April 2012 at 04:53 PM.) Reason: flashed 4-22 kernel #7
Thanks Meter 1,803
It's a seems best CM9 ROM for Kindle Fire. With kernel 3.0 full HD video play very nice like in stock ROM. Most games also running, failure Reptige GP crash before launch, why?
LCD Timing has been corrected to match stock Amazon kernel ** THIS MAY HELP WITH BANDING -- PLEASE LET ME KNOW**
I have flashed 04-22: KERNEL.ZIP #7 and found still BANDING when unlock display. Wi-Fi turn on/off no problem.
By the way, is there any solution how to change mock_location value and set to 1 instead of 0? Settings.db not allowed me make any changes by Sql editor, it says that DB is locked.
I have changed value of mock_location to 1 but some application still ask me enable Wi-Fi location in settings but it's already enabled, can you try fix it on your next update?

Solid-Dado
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy777 View Post
you should see a wierd battery icon in notifications if you select it, it says something about sim cards, just ignore text and select option to connect.

do you have these options?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
No

Aesrys
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0tsane View Post
I also thought the MAC was pulled from the hardware, but maybe the new kernel has a problem getting this data and generated it's own MAC as a work around. Hopefully it's not hard coded so that everyone using this kernel now has the same MAC.
From what I read in the 3.0 Kernel dev thread, the latest #7 kernel will generate a random MAC address (basically spoofing) for each Kindle (it's not pulling the hardware one) rather than assigning each machine the same MAC. Several people posted that they needed to restart their router in order for their Kindles to connect. Hope this helps someone.

robinang
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesrys View Post
From what I read in the 3.0 Kernel dev thread, the latest #7 kernel will generate a random MAC address (basically spoofing) for each Kindle (it's not pulling the hardware one) rather than assigning each machine the same MAC. Several people posted that they needed to restart their router in order for their Kindles to connect. Hope this helps someone.
Try checking on your kindle's date time....
Mine was unable to connect to google play when the datetime is set to year 2000

mdaa83
Old
(Last edited by mdaa83; 24th April 2012 at 03:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Skimming through this and the development thread, I have found one message related to the one non Kernel related issue that I see but I didn't see (or completely missed) any reply so far.

Whenever a notification displays it's not really readable and seems to mee to be missing a background graphic (it was described as checkered). I haven't seen this in the other ROMs using the 3.0 kernel. Is this a problem affecting most people or have I missed something somewhere?

kishorev
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Flashed the ROM.. its plain awesome.. no complaints..

Thnx guys!!!

pbailey212
Old
Thanks Meter 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinang View Post
Try checking on your kindle's date time....
Mine was unable to connect to google play when the datetime is set to year 2000
Maybe its the y2k bug

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

umash4
Old
(Last edited by umash4; 25th April 2012 at 02:36 AM.) Reason: clarity
Thanks Meter 3
Default Doesn't shutdown completely

The kindle doesn't shutdown completely when you do short-press of the button and select shutdown from the menu. The lcd still glows. I saw a few of us ask this question, but did not see a response other than the workaround of vlong button press shutdown. Any better ideas or fixes?

I have the latest cm9 1.2H rom and hashcode's kernel #7 flashed.

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 22,393

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by umash4 View Post
The kindle doesn't shutdown completely when you do short-press of the button and select shutdown from the menu. The lcd still glows. I saw a few of us ask this question, but did not see a response other than the workaround of vlong button press shutdown. Any better ideas or fixes?

I have the latest cm9 1.2H rom and hashcode's kernel #7 flashed.
Its a kernel issue that I'm actively troubleshooting (it might be the last big bug actually).

Sent from my XT894 using XDA

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
biteblaze, cm9 reloaded, feedback, kindle fire, reloadedrom™