Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Ice Cream Sandwich touch sensitivity off?

OP XIInator

21st April 2012, 08:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, I really don't know what to call this or the best keyword to describe it; I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi only and have tried out a few builds of ICS (one from CM9 and the other AOSK or whatever it is). I have even tried the latest build (33) and still have this problem. I had a Comic Reader app where if I swipe up or down, it would change the comics (left and right would change the comic by date). There seemed to be a problem where I'd swipe up and it would think I was swiping horizontally instead. It was driving me crazy.

The best way I can describe a test would be:

Download Temple Run (game that you must swipe up, down, left and right). Try beating the first level. It was impossible for me to beat because I would try to swipe up and it would go down or left instead, etc. Just really off... anyone else have this issue?

This is the only thing that is hindering my tablet from having ICS; I could care less for the camera, my phone's camera is 100x's better anyways....

thanks!
22nd April 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ponce
Thanks Meter: 18

202 posts
More
i have that problem to i am using pershot builds
23rd April 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,550

1,700 posts
More
Same issues here with Temple Run (pershoots latest build)
23rd April 2012, 04:13 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

31 posts
I have similar problems in F18 Carrier Landing game. In the menu, my touches and gestures seem to be interpreted randomly and so are they in-game...

No solution known to me though...
23rd April 2012, 10:39 AM   |  #5  

18 posts
More
I also noticed this.
It's a ICS issue or the ROMs aren't 100% compatible touchscreen drivers.
23rd April 2012, 11:18 AM   |  #6  
Flag New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 88

164 posts
More
Expect issues with the ICS you're using.. why? its because all of them are in beta.
25th April 2012, 06:20 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Oh I know that there will be issues; I was just posting to see if others were having the same problem and/or if there were any possible solutions available. Hopefully the developers are aware of the problem and will fix it in upcoming releases, if at all possible. At least I know mine isn't the only one doing it. I could care less about the camera working, but this off-swiping makes me go back to HC for the time-being.
25th April 2012, 06:56 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 821

292 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIInator

Oh I know that there will be issues; I was just posting to see if others were having the same problem and/or if there were any possible solutions available. Hopefully the developers are aware of the problem and will fix it in upcoming releases, if at all possible. At least I know mine isn't the only one doing it. I could care less about the camera working, but this off-swiping makes me go back to HC for the time-being.

Try the latest build from pershoot http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4wifi/ (after flashing, you have to replace the boot.img). Temple Run works fine now.
The Following User Says Thank You to MapleSyrup For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 02:52 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thanks! I will definitely try it. But one thing, what do you mean by "replace the boot.img"?

Edit: Hmmm I must be missing something, I keep getting the "assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") bla bla bla. Restoring previous ROM, too tired to think for now... I'll check back here later... thanks!
Last edited by XIInator; 26th April 2012 at 04:18 AM.
26th April 2012, 05:08 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 821

292 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIInator

Thanks! I will definitely try it. But one thing, what do you mean by "replace the boot.img"?

Edit: Hmmm I must be missing something, I keep getting the "assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") bla bla bla. Restoring previous ROM, too tired to think for now... I'll check back here later... thanks!

Replacing the boot.img is no longer necessary, now you have to flash the ICS of your preference (just use a recent build, the one in http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4wifi/ is ok.) and the new kernel in pershoot's blog: http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/ (direct link for the ics kernel for the p4wifi (26/04/12) http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/kern..._fp-042612.zip ). This may not be always necessary if the build you're flashing already has the latest kernel.

About the assert failed, you need to flash a new recovery (cwm) via Odin, use this one: http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4wifi/

The Following User Says Thank You to MapleSyrup For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread