5,594,221 Members 45,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you want dalvik cache to sd on v1.4??
No! 259 24.46%
Yes! 551 52.03%
Hell I care! 249 23.51%
Voters: 1059. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] MAY-28-13 | ICySNAP v2.0 GOLDEN EYE | ICS 4.0.4 | LGE 3.1 UI | Extended FINALE!

Tip us?

Pantx
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by josinpaul View Post
first of all stop all internet connections and then delete the unwanted contacts . Then save the list as a vcf file. After a fresh install of the Rom just go to settings>Acc & sync settings > disable Auto Sync and never try to sync contacts also uncheck automatic restore in backup settings.( if you have a back up of the correct contacts list, then go to apps> contacts> clear data and also clear the data of contact storage then restore the vcf file after disabling Auto Sync)
i had 5 contact for each one :S never created a vcf file before.. i used contact 2 sim to add to sim cart my contacts

so, never sync ?
Phone:Samsung Nexus S i9020T [ROM 4.2.2] SLIM BEAN 3.1 CWM 6.0.2.5
Phone:LG Optimus One P500 AOKP (4.0.4) Milestone #6 CWM 5.0.2.7

josinpaul
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantx View Post
i had 5 contact for each one :S never created a vcf file before.. i used contact 2 sim to add to sim cart my contacts

so, never sync ?
its easy to save contacts in vcf form. Just go to contacts app and press the mennu button and opt for export the contacts to sd card. the saved contacts will be in .VCF format. if you sync the contacts then the contacts lists in your google acc will also be added to your contact list. that can cause the double entry of the contacts. To resetore the vcf format choose "import contacts from sd card" option. select the file ur done.

Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition with core i7 connected to genius SP-HF1800A
Iconia a500 with thor's JB.
and my faithful, reliable and awesome LG P500
The Following User Says Thank You to josinpaul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pantx
Old
(Last edited by Pantx; 23rd April 2012 at 10:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
its easy to save contacts in vcf form. Just go to contacts app and press the mennu button and opt for export the contacts to sd card. the saved contacts will be in .VCF format. if you sync the contacts then the contacts lists in your google acc will also be added to your contact list. that can cause the double entry of the contacts. To resetore the vcf format choose "import contacts from sd card" option. select the file ur done.
there is something wrong .... when i save the vcf ... it says that i have 134 contacts ... in reality i have only 34 ....

why ??

OMG it has saved all the contacts in the entire google system ... more and more times ...

Btw why is there not a SAVE to SIM integrated like all normal phones?

IKnowIRock!
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
there is something wrong .... when i save the vcf ... it says that i have 134 contacts ... in reality i have only 34 ....

why ??

OMG it has saved all the contacts in the entire google system ... more and more times ...
I'm facing the same prob..some of my contacts have multiples I imported the vcf even before signing into gmail I had it in other GTR versions also...I had to delete the ducplicates on every fresh vcf import but I need a solid solution

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA
IKnowIRock!

josinpaul
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:

why ??

yup that may be the problem of syncing. Ok if you have more than one number in one name say for ex "John" has 4 numbers under his belt, one home other office etc, the vcf format will see it as 4different contacts. But thats not an issue, when u import the contact all 4 numbers will be saved in one name only say 'in john's name'. hope i AM CLEAR ENOUGH.

The Following User Says Thank You to josinpaul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pantx
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowIRock! View Post
I'm facing the same prob..some of my contacts have multiples I imported the vcf even before signing into gmail I had it in other GTR versions also...I had to delete the ducplicates on every fresh vcf import but I need a solid solution

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA
sync off, internet off on the phone.

1) go to https://www.google.com/contacts/ and if you will delete all contacts of the android device.

2)open the contact list -> options button - > visualizzation option -> activate everything. so you can see what you have, delete all the doble, -> then save to SD, delete the rest, and then restore the SD contacts. (i have restored from the sim card)

3) turn on wifi and sync, the contact sync tells you that there are many contact delete, and it ask you if you will delete them.

i have sayd yes, and now i have everything ok.

STEELBAS
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Neko, do you think you could add MD5 checksums to your ROM links? I'd feel safer checking the files before flashing them... Or is this something very uncommon for ROMs?

Pantx
Old
Thanks Meter 16
still got some problems wit some apps+widget thet can not connect to the internet ...

josinpaul
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
still got some problems wit some apps+widget thet can not connect to the internet ...
fix the permissions using CWM or Amonra. If you are using droidwall disable and reenable

Pantx
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
fix the permissions using CWM or Amonra. If you are using droidwall disable and reenable
neither Skype is working :S

Tags
lgp500, p500