Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,380 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.0.4] Android Open Kang Project Build 33 - v1.3 (4/23/12)

Tip us?

_motley
Old
Thanks Meter 2407

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by apascual89 View Post
Flashing now. Where should I post feedback on the generic kernel? I don't want to sidetrack Jermaine's thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newellj79 View Post
Motley, I'm running the kernel you posted at the top of this page. I've turned it down to 1.6 via from control just to try it. Looking very good so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boynamedstacy View Post
Sorry for my absence lately dudes! I finally got a round to flashing the generic kernel (one you just posted Motley) and the first time ROM control crashed when trying to change CPU speed. I rebooted into recovery, wiped cache and dalvik and all went great afterward! No scripts or anything. I am able to change CPU speed in ROM control now and have verified with CPU Spy and Set CPU. Thanks a ton Motley and Jermaine!! I will continue to monitor and report back. Motley, anything you want me to check out?
Thanks for the feedback guys! Yes, please give any additional feedback in my kernel thread so we don't junk up Jermaine's thread. Just reference the "generic" kernel. I should be releasing soon as reports have been good all around thus far.
Nexus 4 (my custom kernel for the 4 click here)
Nexus 7 (my custom kernel for the 7 click here) -Thx to fordwolden, the most generous guy on XDA!
Transformer Prime (my custom kernel for the Prime click here)

Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. 2GB account is free! Use this LINK and you and I both get 500MB extra free

jermaine151
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3281

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _motley View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys! Yes, please give any additional feedback in my kernel thread so we don't junk up Jermaine's thread. Just reference the "generic" kernel. I should be releasing soon as reports have been good all around thus far.
You know you're welcome to post whatever you want here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
You can find me @jdlogan151
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jermaine151 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paddycr
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Has anyone else noticed that the volume on recordings is really quiet when using the video camera? I just noticed it today when using the video cam. I did not have this problem with v1, and have recordings from this version that sound great. The problem is definitely there for v1.12 (Cornerstone and regular) and v1.2. I am certain that this is not a hardware problem as I restored one of my stock based nandroids and the volume on recordings works perfectly. Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed to increase the volume on the microphone or is this a bug?

Sent from my Transformer Prime using xda premium

jedi5diah
Old
Thanks Meter 17
i'm back to RC2, amazing batt life and zero (multitask diagonal screen tearing)! =)

admartian
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Wisely stayed out of b32, waiting for the TF201 version of b33 to come out.

Happy with Virtuous Prime right now, but missing the AOKP features.

(I'm actually surprised this place isn't as busy as other tablet forums (Tab 10.1 <- my previous tab, or tf101).

Keep it up jermaine, you're pretty much singlehandedly keeping this device's development section alive!
USE the Search Function BEFORE posting.
The Following User Says Thank You to admartian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaycustom
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by admartian View Post

(I'm actually surprised this place isn't as busy as other tablet forums (Tab 10.1 <- my previous tab, or tf101).

Keep it up jermaine, you're pretty much singlehandedly keeping this device's development section alive!
Cool story bro...

Also, while it's true Jermaine is killing it...there are a couple of awesome ROMs for our Primes here, made by a couple of great devs. ATGAdmin, MasterZen,etc...it's a community man, not one person.

And yes, I'm running AOKP right now

Keion
Old
Thanks Meter 350

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

b33 is out for other devices now but there is a feature hiatus so no more new features til milestone 5. Personally, i refrained from b32 and I'm on cornerstone which is much better albeit less stable. Btw, b33 fixes the sysui bug on tabs fyi.

Sent from my tf9001 with XDA XD.

admartian
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycustom View Post
Cool story bro...

Also, while it's true Jermaine is killing it...there are a couple of awesome ROMs for our Primes here, made by a couple of great devs. ATGAdmin, MasterZen,etc...it's a community man, not one person.

And yes, I'm running AOKP right now
for a second there i thought my post contained something inflammatory hence your response.

Am i wrong and i somehow cryptically insulted somebody? Or is this guy just reading too much into it!?

Answers on a postcard...

( apologies to you sir if you weren't being a snarky sod)
USE the Search Function BEFORE posting.

Striatum_bdr
Old
Thanks Meter 883
Quote:
for a second there i thought my post contained something inflammatory hence your response.

Am i wrong and i somehow cryptically insulted somebody? Or is this guy just reading too much into it!?

Answers on a postcard...

( apologies to you sir if you weren't being a snarky sod)
I bet he didn't understood what you meant.

You're right , devs are very few here compared to many other Android devices, it's not an insult to point this out. And so forum activity is lower too.

That's a good reason to cherish them !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Striatum_bdr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jermaine151
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3281

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeoxys View Post
b33 is out for other devices now but there is a feature hiatus so no more new features til milestone 5. Personally, i refrained from b32 and I'm on cornerstone which is much better albeit less stable. Btw, b33 fixes the sysui bug on tabs fyi.

Sent from my tf9001 with XDA XD.
SystemUI still FCs as soon as you open Facebook (or any app that requires a legacy menu button) on b33. I'm not happy with this build. I'm going to try to patch it myself until TeamKang fixes it completely.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
You can find me @jdlogan151

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jermaine151 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe