Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,321 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

|i'm dead| |please close| |discontinued|

Tip us?

pmdisawesome
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjybarr View Post
I'm not BiteBlaze, but I can help you. I too am on the rom and I did flash the lastest kernel. All works great, except for full HW (Netflix doesn't work). Just make sure after you flash the kernel. Go rename this file using Root Explorer.

/system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity/wl1271-nvs.bin.orig. and rename it to: wl1271-nvs.bin

If you don't rename that file. Wifi won't work. So please edit it. The screen issue is fixed in this kernel.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2
That's weird, my Wifi works normally after flashing the new Kernel without having to rename that file, and I'm pretty the flash is successful since the "line" bug on the screen is gone!

walts
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidMobileNZ View Post
For some reason my Kindle Fire won't connect to the Wifi. It says saved but when I select the AP and select connect it doesn't work. Just stays on Saved. Trying to do the setup wizard but very difficult without an internet connection. Any suggestions?
I was experimenting along the lines of an earlier post that said when you drop one WIFI connection, you have to reboot before another one will pick up. I found the re-connect sluggish - it wouldn't "see" my AP, until I pressed the SCAN button on the top of the screen, then it found my AP and connected.

From my Sharp Zaurus days, I was familiar with wpa_supplicant.conf which we had to create by hand to get WIFI working on that device. These days it is generated automatically, but I had to look around anyway, and I noticed that the copy in /data/misc/wifi is missing two options:
Code:
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
I didn't change mine since it seems to be working OK, but maybe a WIFI expert would comment on the situation. Why are those options not included, and should they be added?

After a few re-boots, my Kindle seems to be acting normally ????

Walt
Motorola Xoom tablet, CM-10.1 Wingray nightly (20130527)
Kindle Fire, CM 10.1 Otter nightly (20130523)
iPhone 4 jailbroken iOS 6.1.3
HTC Droid Incredible, CM 10 (20121120)
Previous devices:
HTC HD2, JB-Beta1 [CLK], T-Mobile voice-only SIM.
Toshiba Thrive tablet, rooted stock 3.2 ROM
HTC HD2 TyphooN CyanogenMod 7 Nightly v3.7.5
8525 vp3G 3.62.3 no sim
8925 Ultimate-X2.V4 WM6.5, Radio 1.65

bigguyone
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Had prob with WiFi at frist but works fine after off and on. Only prob is some app wont load, I-Tune, Flash but others did fine. Played with it just about all night and thats the only prob i had.
Will this ROM be able to let you watch tv. I think its an app from cable for like the
I Pad with 4.0?

shazbot
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Is anyone else getting horrible download speeds from dev-host? I'm getting ~20KB/sec on my 30Mbit line. Anyone have a mirror? :/

bigguyone
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yes i did, took 3 times to get it but i thought it was just my cable.

djkeller3
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Just flashed Hashcode's kernel #7, and screen is definitely back to normal so far as half-second flicker at screen-on is concerned. Never saw the banding since I never power off.

Wifi and hotspot working great so far.
Devices:

HTC Rezound
Asus Nexus 7

Many thanks to the outstanding developers who make the AMAZING ROMs I use on my devices!

jasongray
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkeller3 View Post
Just flashed Hashcode's kernel #7, and screen is definitely back to normal so far as half-second flicker at screen-on is concerned. Never saw the banding since I never power off.

Wifi and hotspot working great so far.
Same here, all fixed.

smaghe
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaghe View Post
IMO work is far from finished. Look how CM9 is just running flawlessly on GS2.
Experience is just way better than stock, although CM9 is not even beta.
CM9 on KF still has several major issues : video decoding, random freezes, lags, wifi problems, power button, no USB host ...
IMO these things prevent oneself to run it as a true daily driver.
I'll donate as soon as a pretty "stable" version comes out.
It's also a way to prevent CM9 reloaded development from stopping or slowing, as AOKP is now a priority.
Didn't mean to be harsh at all. As I said before, I appreciate all the time and effort which has been put in this rom; I am also aware that developing a rom is a long hastle. I was just beeing critic about ppl saying "Oh my god everything is perfect" every 2,3 posts.
It's also hard to distinguish rom issues from kernel ones.

I just flashed 1.2h, as you said Biteblaze, things are getting definitely better.
Got rid of several annoying issues. Video decoding works flawlessly, and my smile is getting wider and wider.
As soon as usb mount and AC-charging will be fixed, I'll call it a daily
Thank you again for your work.

Cheers KFolks !

djkeller3
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaghe View Post
Didn't mean to be harsh at all. As I said before, I appreciate all the time and effort which has been put in this rom; I am also aware that developing a rom is a long hastle. I was just beeing critic about ppl saying "Oh my god everything is perfect" every 2,3 posts.
It's also hard to distinguish rom issues from kernel ones.

I just flashed 1.2h, as you said Biteblaze, things are getting definitely better.
Got rid of several annoying issues. Video decoding works flawlessly, and my smile is getting wider and wider.
As soon as usb mount and AC-charging will be fixed, I'll call it a daily
Thank you again for your work.

Cheers KFolks !
AC charging is fixed.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA Premium
ROM: CM9 ReloadedROM v1.2H
Kernel: Hashcode 3.0.21(#7)
Overclock: 1.0 GHz Max, 1.0 GHz Min. Performance
Launcher: ADW EX
Devices:

HTC Rezound
Asus Nexus 7

Many thanks to the outstanding developers who make the AMAZING ROMs I use on my devices!

SalsaForte
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
When I plug my kindle for recharge with version 1.2h I don't see the recharge icon in the tray, but I see the kindle power light turn orange. It this only a cosmetic bug? Does the Kindle recharge anyway?

Very smooth rom.
MY GEAR: Nexus 21 (4+7+10)
GIRLFRIEND GEAR: Apple iPhone 5
ME: Google+

Tags
cm9 reloaded, cool ics rom, ics kindle fire, kindle fire cm9, reloadedrom™
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe