Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NANDroid backup

Tip us?

b-eock
Old
Thanks Meter 1417

DONATE TO ME
On AOSP ROM's it might but on stock it wont do that... Sorry for the confusion:P

If you don't read the forum, why should the forum read you?

PHONE: Samsung GT-I9300 and Samsung Captivate Build #1012

MobileTechVideos USB Port repair!
Adam Outler for UB Mod
Conexxion2005(Josh) from MTV

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-eock View Post
On AOSP ROM's it might but on stock it wont do that... Sorry for the confusion:P
Ahh thanks that makes sense. That is a bit confusing.
Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile: CM11 + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked & sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

All in One Guide for Samsung i897 Captivate, i9000 Galaxy S
Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!

studacris
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4068

DONATE TO ME
Samsung is bml... the kernel is compiled into a zImage

Aosp,(and sense, not sure about motoblur but who fuggin cares about motorola)is mtd and it's kernel is compiled into a boot.img if I'm not mistaken. And since that's the norm it's what cwm supports, so it does back up kernels...just not zImages.
What's the best nation on Earth?
DONATION!

romelie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Umm im a bit confused if i have two identical phones both on stock roms (but different ones) and i back up the first one could i restore that back up to the second phone using cwm without any issues ?

studacris
Old
(Last edited by studacris; 15th March 2012 at 03:13 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4068

DONATE TO ME
How different are the stock roms?

I huge difference like a jump in Android version (2.2 to 2.3.x for example) will not work as the stock kernel isn't backed up, not to mention the need for proper bootloaders if going up to gb the first time

But if it were a small difference say Kb1 and kb2 (both froyo builds) then that should work fine cause the stock kernel doesn't change too much between builds, although some of those early gingerbread leaks were awfully kernel picky
What's the best nation on Earth?
DONATION!

ehknaton
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I have a nandroidbackup made using CWM 5.0.2.7. And I want to restore it. Now I have CyanogenMod7 and I have Clockworkmod 5.0.0.6.
So I copied the nandroidbackup from external_sd to internal_sd, and now when it shows up in my restore menu.

Is there any problem that the backup was made with Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7 and I restore it with Clockworkmod 5.0.2.6 ?

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehknaton View Post
Hi, I have a nandroidbackup made using CWM 5.0.2.7. And I want to restore it. Now I have CyanogenMod7 and I have Clockworkmod 5.0.0.6.
So I copied the nandroidbackup from external_sd to internal_sd, and now when it shows up in my restore menu.

Is there any problem that the backup was made with Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7 and I restore it with Clockworkmod 5.0.2.6 ?
I wouldn't even care what the version is. At all

Sent from my CM9 ICS i897 Captivate
Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile: CM11 + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked & sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

All in One Guide for Samsung i897 Captivate, i9000 Galaxy S
Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!