Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,550 Members 51,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thoughts on the upcoming T-Mobile G4x?

Tip us?

mackster248
Old
Thanks Meter 643

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoNyapii View Post
I highly doubt this is going to happen, but I wish LG would implement Sense into the G2x or G4x.
Sense and Android is HTC's baby and cash cow. So there's no way they'd let anyone else touch it. Just get an HTC phone, every bit of it is better than any LG phone anyways. Plus newer LG devices have the dreaded locked bootloader.
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
------------------------------
Current Phone:
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)
The Following User Says Thank You to mackster248 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 603
How they went from g2x's open/unlocked bootloader to the now locked bootloader is even more fail and more reason to kick more dirt LG's way. Hope you decide to get a Samsung phone mack at least they seem to have learned from their mistake from the past, the galaxy s2 is amazing even on sprints network :P (we got the exynos soc compared to the crap qualcomm s3 chip in tmobiles s2 smh)
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold
The Following User Says Thank You to d12unk13astard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mackster248
Old
Thanks Meter 643

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by d12unk13astard View Post
How they went from g2x's open/unlocked bootloader to the now locked bootloader is even more fail and more reason to kick more dirt LG's way. Hope you decide to get a Samsung phone mack at least they seem to have learned from their mistake from the past, the galaxy s2 is amazing even on sprints network :P (we got the exynos soc compared to the crap qualcomm s3 chip in tmobiles s2 smh)
Haha, yeah man. I'm absolutely getting a Nexus or Samsung next. No way I wanna deal with bootloaders. HTC is kinda tempting too though, but their quality control scares me.

But you know, T-Mobile possibly getting the GNote makes me want it! But I don't want the S3 processor. So I guess I'll wait for the quad core Exynos SGS3. I just hope they don't take half a year to release it in the US like they did with the S2. -_-

But until then I'll try to make this G2x last. BTW, did you try the leaked BB and 2.3.4 ROM? I'm hesitant to upgrade... But battery life has been awful for me lately on any CM ROM.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
Current Phone:
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)
The Following User Says Thank You to mackster248 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackster248 View Post
Haha, yeah man. I'm absolutely getting a Nexus or Samsung next. No way I wanna deal with bootloaders. HTC is kinda tempting too though, but their quality control scares me.

But you know, T-Mobile possibly getting the GNote makes me want it! But I don't want the S3 processor. So I guess I'll wait for the quad core Exynos SGS3. I just hope they don't take half a year to release it in the US like they did with the S2. -_-

But until then I'll try to make this G2x last. BTW, did you try the leaked BB and 2.3.4 ROM? I'm hesitant to upgrade... But battery life has been awful for me lately on any CM ROM.

If T-Mobile does get the Samsung journal, hopefully they don't get rid of the exynos soc, I'd grab that over the G nex. If u can wait longer for the next galaxy do it, and ya they probably wont release it til end Q3 cuz of how our carriers "must have bloatware" and other tweaks made to make the phone supposeddly better lol

Ya I was finally able to fix my baseband on core memory's v21y kdz thread. I got the latest March BB and the phone seems much improved and snappier. Only flaw, and its a big one, is that weird sound when making a call. So ya I would wait for a fix on that til u decide to flash that kdz file.

Past Devices:

Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
The Following User Says Thank You to d12unk13astard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ctowne
Old
Thanks Meter 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackster248 View Post

They announced the Galaxy S3 is being unveiled may 3rd, fyi

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post
They announced the Galaxy S3 is being unveiled may 3rd, fyi
True,hopefully our carriers over here in the states dont make it too difficult for Samsung to abide by what changes they want made for us. Else we probaly wont be seeing the US galaxy s3 till fall.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Past Devices:

Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold

mackster248
Old
Thanks Meter 643

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If T-Mobile does get the Samsung journal, hopefully they don't get rid of the exynos soc, I'd grab that over the G nex. If u can wait longer for the next galaxy do it, and ya they probably wont release it til end Q3 cuz of how our carriers "must have bloatware" and other tweaks made to make the phone supposeddly better lol

Ya I was finally able to fix my baseband on core memory's v21y kdz thread. I got the latest March BB and the phone seems much improved and snappier. Only flaw, and its a big one, is that weird sound when making a call. So ya I would wait for a fix on that til u decide to flash that kdz file.

Oh there's a weird sound? I saw that somewhere as well but someone fixed it... I'll try to look for that post again. I think I'll try it, I just know I'll miss CM's features. But for some reason CM has been running kinda bad lately on my G2x. Starting to have a lot of SOD's when I never used to get em, and lags often. Plus battery life has been atrocious. Maybe that new BB is the fix.

And I've never heard of the Galaxy Journal. O_o I must Google that!
Current Phone:
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 603
New baseband is great, getting improved battery life for sure!

Looks like the Journal is heading to Verizon only ATM, but I did see something interesting posted on tmo-news.com :P

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/04/leaked-android-build-screenshots-show-off-t879-model-number-t-mobile-galaxy-note/

Past Devices:

Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold

mackster248
Old
Thanks Meter 643

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
New baseband is great, getting improved battery life for sure!

Looks like the Journal is heading to Verizon only ATM, but I did see something interesting posted on tmo-news.com :P

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/04/leake...e-galaxy-note/

Oh yeah I saw that. I'm tempted by it... But I just wish it had the S4 chip instead of the S3. Decisions, decisions!
Current Phone:
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)

ctowne
Old
Thanks Meter 701
Quote:
True,hopefully our carriers over here in the states dont make it too difficult for Samsung to abide by what changes they want made for us. Else we probaly wont be seeing the US galaxy s3 till fall.

If they don't want to piss america off they would release all of them at the same time lol. But then again, the longer they wait the more S2's they will keep selling. Who knows