XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stable ROM

Tip us?

cpdeepak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stable ROM

Which is the ROM with the greatest stability and most working features (incl video camera, flash etc) for the gTab?

fosser2
Old
Thanks Meter 341

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdeepak View Post
Which is the ROM with the greatest stability and most working features (incl video camera, flash etc) for the gTab?
My favorite rom is Brilliant Corners for stability. Check it out. Just google "Brilliant Corners gtab" and it will be the first result. Let me know what you think.
The Following User Says Thank You to fosser2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kzintz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Cool Stable roms.......

The earlier ROMS have the most stable and full features (but not the flashiness of ICS) including camera/skype etc plus they are REALLY fast..

check out Beasty/Clemsyn Ultimate Froyo Combo for example. It is VERY fast and everything works.

ICS is prettier and has some newer features but no camera (yet) and some small glitches.. If a camera/skype is not essential it is really worth trying. I can't see the value at this point of the honeycomb ROMS since ICS is out and has more of the same type of features... feel free to correct me if I am wrong
The Following User Says Thank You to kzintz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

plasticarmyman
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzintz View Post

ICS is prettier and has some newer features but no camera (yet) and some small glitches..

besides the camera and some mutli-touch...anything majorly wrong with ICS?

kzintz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Cool ics is good..:0

ICS really is good - aside from camera it is fast and pretty stable. It can slow down if you do too many things at once but generally it is also very smooth - if camera doesn't matter to you then you really should give it a shot.. as well try putting go launcher HD (made for tablets) - works and looks great. Once you use it its hard to go back ...
The Following User Says Thank You to kzintz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

justppc
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdeepak View Post
Camera functionality seems to be in only the Froyo ROMS. I had camera function on the Calkulin+Clemsyn 1.5ghz Froyo Combo VERSION 8 final (bootloader 1.2 only) ROM. Just make sure which bootloader version you have.

That ROM kept giving me Force Close messages every month or so, so I would just restore NANDROID backups of a fresh install of the Calkulin+Clemsyn ROM.

Had a problem with the NANDROID the last time I started getting FCs (Force Closes).

So I switched to Team DRH's ICS Rom. (No Camera on this ROM) But everything else works well. ICS Roms are battery burners, so I plug this in at night time.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticarmyman View Post
besides the camera and some mutli-touch...anything majorly wrong with ICS?
Not that I have noticed running Team DRH's ICS ROM. Been running it for a few days.....

ICS is pretty battery hungry, so I plug it in to charge almost every night...
The Following User Says Thank You to justppc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cpdeepak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosser2 View Post
My favorite rom is Brilliant Corners for stability. Check it out. Just google "Brilliant Corners gtab" and it will be the first result. Let me know what you think.
Thanks fosser2. I will check it out this wknd. Is it a gingerbread rom? And does camera work on it?