5,593,587 Members 37,765 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No ROM or anything installed on phone [SOLVED]

Tip us?

Over My Head
Old
(Last edited by Over My Head; 23rd April 2012 at 02:21 PM.) Reason: Edited title
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] No ROM or anything installed on phone [SOLVED]

Dear reader,

Thanks in advance for your time. I have to, yet again, rely on your knowledge. Even though there is an endless amount of knowledge available on these forums, it seems that I keep searching for the wrong keywords since I am not getting the results I need.

I have been running CyanogenMod for a year now, and I decided I was up for a change. I rebooted into recovery and installed MIUI.us. I do have to admit I don't know much when it comes to flashing, installing differents OS's, etc.

Let me describe the situation: I wanted to start all over again, clean the SD-card and internal memory and re-install MIUI but somewhere in the process I got stuck. Now my screen is stuck on the HTC screen, and the only thing I can do is load into -I don't really now what it is called- (I lack the terminology). The screen is as follows:

Quote:
ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.85.0007
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot
Oct 11 2010, 12:47:02

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC
When I press recovery I get the cellphone with the red triangle and exclamation mark on top of it. If I then press vol-up + power I get the Android system recovery <3e> screen. When I select to apply the update.zip I get an error. This is probably because I don't have it no my SD card due to me having formatted it.

So now I don't know which steps to follow. Can any of you tell me how to fix my issue, or refer me to a good tutorial that handles my problem.

My apologies again for having to rely on your time again. Thanks in advance!

Yours sincerely,

Nicolas

inspiredbyhtc
Old
(Last edited by inspiredbyhtc; 22nd April 2012 at 09:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 271
If i understood well the reason update is failing is because you dont have a update.zip file on your sd card right?

If this is the case download one of the stock roms listed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1610483
or here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post19101263
If your not sure which one to download download this RUU: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=879375

If you download a update.zip put it in your sdcard on the main directory and boot to bootloader -the screen for which you lacked the terminology-
update should occur automatically.

If you decide to download a RUU instead of a update.zip...

To get update.zip from RUU download and run the RUU on your pc without connecting your device to the pc and follow on screen instructions, once you get to the part when it tells you to connect your phone go to the temp folder on windows and extract rom.zip to desktop, rename to update.zip and do the steps above.

You only need one method for update.zip i posted 2 to give you the option to chose which one you prefer.

Please press the thanks button if I was helpful.

Pm me if that doesn't work
The Following User Says Thank You to inspiredbyhtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Over My Head
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank you

Thanks for your clear elaborate explanation. My cellphone is again happily running MIUI without any problems.

For future references: I have followed your second option since I didn't know which stock rom to download. As filefactory constantly didn't have a free download spot, I downloaded the RUU using the link found on post number 334. The link brought everything back in order, and allowed me to use the ace hack kit afterwards.

Thanks again inspiredbyhtc for your time and help. Credit is of course given where credit is due. Much appreciated!

This thread is solved and can be archived.