Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 40,803 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] ICS for All htc holiday

Tip us?

come at me bro
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
I didn't do this 1111111 stuff and I had the HTC vivid

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA
If I've helped you out hit the "Thanks" button or buy me a beer

bproulx
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Default Just curious..

Wondering why the need to flash the cingular ruu before flashing the att ruu? If they're both ics, and if we've got s-off, wouldn't we just need to flash the att official ruu from htc? I'm just curious.. if I'm missing something really obvious I'm sorry.

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 622
cingular is att

mohamed_moscow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bproulx View Post
Wondering why the need to flash the cingular ruu before flashing the att ruu? If they're both ics, and if we've got s-off, wouldn't we just need to flash the att official ruu from htc? I'm just curious.. if I'm missing something really obvious I'm sorry.
without flash first GB from vivid, ICS att will not be flash....

rquiett
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1403

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by come at me bro View Post
I didn't do this 1111111 stuff and I had the HTC vivid

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA
And if you read the first line of the op this is to get the ics from vivid on the other versions of the phone

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

"The flames of freedom. How lovely. How just. Ahh, my precious anarchy... "

n4v1n
Old
Thanks Meter 5
First off, THanks!
Secondly, The link is not working for step 3.
Also if I am already s-off I can skip step 1 correct?
And when I unlock bootloader thru HTC dev, I select HTC Vivid?

THanks again!

bproulx
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Thumbs up Worked great!

Followed the directions and am now running ICS - flashed to the dark raider 1.1 rom from another thread after and it works great.. was going to try wc's illuminati rom but the link on his site starts out downloading at about 30k/sec and then steadily drops to zero before i get over 60mb.. anyone have a copy they want to mirror or know of another mirror hosting that rom? I know he's not on xda anymore..that's a shame tho he's a good dev.

Anyway thanks for the guide to get ics for us raider users! Worked perfectly!
Sorry for the dumb question about flasing the cingular ruu first, i didn't realize the first ruu it points to was a gb vivid ruu. makes perfect sense now.. lol...sense.. no pun intended..lol

mohamed_moscow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4v1n View Post
First off, THanks!
Secondly, The link is not working for step 3.
Also if I am already s-off I can skip step 1 correct?
And when I unlock bootloader thru HTC dev, I select HTC Vivid?

THanks again!
I link for step 3 is working just download from one of the servers provided.
Unlock as you unlocked before doing any changes. If your not having HTC vivid then don't select HTC vivid. If you have raider the simple select others.

mohamed_moscow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bproulx View Post
Followed the directions and am now running ICS - flashed to the dark raider 1.1 rom from another thread after and it works great.. was going to try wc's illuminati rom but the link on his site starts out downloading at about 30k/sec and then steadily drops to zero before i get over 60mb.. anyone have a copy they want to mirror or know of another mirror hosting that rom? I know he's not on xda anymore..that's a shame tho he's a good dev.

Anyway thanks for the guide to get ics for us raider users! Worked perfectly!
Sorry for the dumb question about flasing the cingular ruu first, i didn't realize the first ruu it points to was a gb vivid ruu. makes perfect sense now.. lol...sense.. no pun intended..lol
No problem, have fun

citsong
Old
(Last edited by citsong; 23rd April 2012 at 03:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 66
When I run the ruu's im in fastboot correct? Searching around I've seen different methods. Just trying to confirm. From the instructions it looks like everythings pretty much done while in the bootloader.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Trying to unlock the bootloader with my old token isn't working. Getting a remote unlocktoken check fail. Do I need to redo htc dev as a vivid? Sorry for the questions, after spending all that time trying to get s-off my brain is tired lol

Ok so I ran the ruu's while in fastboot and I had to redo the unlock as if the phone was a vivid and get a new token and now all is well. At least if anyone has a dead brain moment like me they will see this and know