1. Ensure USB is connected as PC Tools mode (not Mass Storage)AFTER SOME WHILE GSM SIGNAL IS STRONG FOR VOICE BUT NO DATA
2. In Radiocomm go to MA->CDMA1X->QSC60x5
3. After it comes up, switch to FTM Common1 tab and wait for the phone to enumerate purple.
4. On the upper right side in the NVAccess, scroll to NV item 1877 NV_RF_BC_CONFIG_I
5. Read the value from the device
6. Replace the first 8 bytes (16 digits) with: 8703E80400000200
7. Write the data to the device and powercycle.
This will enable GSM/UMTS bands.
To disable GSM/UMTS, perform the same 7 steps, but replace the 8-byte data with: 0700000000000000
Yes you left your phone on GB and then you do have both voice and data. I'm glad it worked for you!
Now if you try to go further moving to ICS you'll find data issue. In fact I just realized something inaccurate in my procedure: you have to update the bootloader AFTER installing the GB:
1. Install stock ROM with RSD Lite
----> GB: VRZ_XT875_5.9.904.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01
2. Update Bootloader to (0A.72)
Because the stock ROM actually installs the bootloader 0A.61.
I'll try a different custom ROM to see what happens on ICS.
No SIM unlock required. When it boots there is a warning that the SIM is from an unknown source, that's all. The APN for data services auto provisioned from the SIM.
Google services sign in will fail and need reauthenticating.
Here is the kicker...no re editing of the NVM is required for full VZW service with LTE SIM replaced.
This edit supports either authentication ,mode.
It just works!
It should work exactly the same for an ATT SIM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|