Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Project kitchen sink (cm9,miui,cna,aokp,gummy, plus tons of options) v2.0 5/3/12

OP jokersax11

23rd April 2012, 05:46 AM   |  #311  
quetzalcoatl2435's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Yogyakarta
Thanks Meter: 616
 
811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokersax11

Calibrate

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

I've done that like 100x already. Still no dice...
What app would you recommend for calibration (aside from GPS status, which I've used)?
23rd April 2012, 06:03 AM   |  #312  
stl-soldier's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
459 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl2435

I've done that like 100x already. Still no dice...
What app would you recommend for calibration (aside from GPS status, which I've used)?

I use Essentials and then Status. Using just one doesn't seem to work fully. I get a rough calibration using Essentials, and then download A-GPS data and do a fine calibration with Status. When using Essentials, click Satellites and get a good fix before continuing on to the rest of the process.
23rd April 2012, 06:28 AM   |  #313  
quetzalcoatl2435's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Yogyakarta
Thanks Meter: 616
 
811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stl-soldier

I use Essentials and then Status. Using just one doesn't seem to work fully. I get a rough calibration using Essentials, and then download A-GPS data and do a fine calibration with Status. When using Essentials, click Satellites and get a good fix before continuing on to the rest of the process.

OK, this is getting weird... GPS Essentials' compass is actually working properly, while others (GPS Status, GPS Test, Google Maps, etc) are flipping E & W.
23rd April 2012, 06:51 AM   |  #314  
stl-soldier's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
459 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl2435

OK, this is getting weird... GPS Essentials' compass is actually working properly, while others (GPS Status, GPS Test, Google Maps, etc) are flipping E & W.

It might be a problem if you are using the phone as a compass. Even with the N/S or E/W flipped, I haven't noticed any issues with using map or navigation. I just wouldn't be taking an ICS ROM on an expedition just yet...
23rd April 2012, 07:36 AM   |  #315  
quetzalcoatl2435's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Yogyakarta
Thanks Meter: 616
 
811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Screenshots to show what I was talking about. All taken without moving the phone between screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-23-11-47-08.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1019985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-23-11-47-19.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1019986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-23-11-49-20.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1019987  
23rd April 2012, 08:36 AM   |  #316  
jokersax11's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,052
 
4,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl2435

Screenshots to show what I was talking about. All taken without moving the phone between screenshots.

I see the issue I'll try a few things out

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jokersax11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 08:43 AM   |  #317  
rskyline's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Barquisimeto
Thanks Meter: 725
 
3,458 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokersax11

I see the issue I'll try a few things out

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Hey joker bro we'll get a cm9 update soon? Or ATM only kitchen?

Enviado desde mi Atrix™ 4G CM7 Nightly
23rd April 2012, 09:48 AM   |  #318  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 5
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Requests
Great job Joker!
I think this project is a great idea!!!

I'm curious if the following items could be added:
-Option to disable mobiledata and still receive MMS in CM9 (MIUI v4 has this option)
-Option to install all keyboards (Not sure if this is possible) and or increase key size
-Option to select 15 or 30 volume stepping
-Adding more launcher options (ADW, Launcher Pro/Ex)
(I've used launcher pro and adw in the past, not sure how the others are. I'll play around with them.)
-Adding XDA app to the app installation page

Z
23rd April 2012, 04:16 PM   |  #319  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbor

Great job Joker!
I think this project is a great idea!!!

I'm curious if the following items could be added:
...
-Adding XDA app to the app installation page

Z

If that is possible, could you also add Titanium Backup to that page? That's always the first app I have to get when I flash a new ROM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrPerson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #320  
undisputedfb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
anyone having issue with lthe light behind the soft buttons not turning on? i can faintly see meny, but i hit back and home by faith in the dark :S

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes