[Q] Questions on Bryan's CM7 build

23rd April 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #11  
Flag Indy
Thanks Meter: 250

2,067 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybok0

Program, I just started reading the one click guide, I think I should of tried that first right?

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

I will have to try this on my day off, a lot of reading and understanding to do.

You need to follow Bryan's instructions EXACTLY, a in use the heimdall command prompts

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 03:23 PM   |  #12  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 34

313 posts
More
OK, I think I'll stick with VB, I'm not this tech savvy.
23rd April 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #13  
Flag Indy
Thanks Meter: 250

2,067 posts
More
I'm going to make a video guide tonight hopefully, but of course I'm going to leave the explicit direction that noobs should not flash it

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 05:58 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
I have a question as well. Yes, I know that this isnt exactly high priority, but I'm wondering if later there will be a build with Wifi calling. I was trying to install it myself, but it kept force closing, and I don't wanna try anything that'll mess up my phone any worse than I have before.

Wifi calling is basically a must for me since I basically live in Smallville, KS. I get little to no service here, and without it, it usually takes forever to get anything. And yes, I've tried every modem I could, KG4 works best, since I can sometimes get one bar.

I'm trying to complain or anything, and I thank Team Acid for bringing us CM7.
23rd April 2012, 06:36 PM   |  #15  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 767

1,868 posts
More
Neo I'm sure at one point bryan will get that working.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 46

326 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmejor183

6. Apps developed for use on the Galaxy S phones like TWLauncher et al will not work as they hook onto some samsung specific programming.

So does that mean that NONE of the apps will work unless modified to run on CM7? Or are you just talking about certain Samsung issued apps? I'm in the middle of an old Tarzan novel on my e-reader program on the phone...
Last edited by nazcalito; 23rd April 2012 at 08:45 PM.
26th April 2012, 10:41 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 4

152 posts
I have a question with the process flash boot.img with heimdall...when i open heimdall front end and put boot.img into the flash local package..i get a error the tar header contained an invalid file size..on the flash tab, it only takes pit files..also when i just use the heimdall ..a black screen happens similar like a command prompt and just exits..

how do i flash the boot.img with heimdall?

This is using fbs instructions that I am using and i am stuck on step 7. flash the latest boot.img from bryans op..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=279
27th April 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #18  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,411

2,660 posts
Are you on windows? If so open command promt. Cd into the heimdall suite directory. Put your phone in DL mode and connect to usb. From command type "heimdall detect". Should say device detected. Then just put the boot.img in the same directory and follow the OP.
27th April 2012, 03:07 AM   |  #19  
Recognized Developer
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 1,081

234 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazcalito

So does that mean that NONE of the apps will work unless modified to run on CM7? Or are you just talking about certain Samsung issued apps? I'm in the middle of an old Tarzan novel on my e-reader program on the phone...

That's just Samsung-specific stuff like TouchWiz that require Samsung's modified frameworks and extra libraries.
27th April 2012, 03:34 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 60

520 posts
More
Just use FB's install guide instead. I was going to wait until it was installable through CWM, but this is essentially the same thing with a few extra steps.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread