Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,739 Members 42,010 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help - Kindle Fire stuck on Recovery with partially corrupted screen

Tip us?

SPK2k12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help - Kindle Fire stuck on Recovery with partially corrupted screen

Hello everyone,

Today I was using Utilities to root my brand new Kindle. The process mentioned it was ok, I pressed enter on the computer and then the Kindle rebooted on the recovery screen.... PS - half of the screen shows the recovery triangle and the other half color bars as if the image was corrupted or something.

I do not manage to access the Kindle through USB, so, Utilities or Unbrick does not work for me, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

SPK2k12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Please, any help?

Is there a way to force a boot or something?

Thanks in advance

Michayal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default The same thing happened to me!

Yeah, except my whole screen is corrupted with bars where everything used to be..... Does anyone know how to fix this?

soupmagnet
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPK2k12 View Post
Hello everyone,

Today I was using Utilities to root my brand new Kindle. The process mentioned it was ok, I pressed enter on the computer and then the Kindle rebooted on the recovery screen.... PS - half of the screen shows the recovery triangle and the other half color bars as if the image was corrupted or something.

I do not manage to access the Kindle through USB, so, Utilities or Unbrick does not work for me, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
By "Utilities" do you mean the "Kindle Fire Utility" or are you using another rooting program called "Utilities"? Personally, I've never heard of anything called "Utilities" to root/unbrick the Kindle Fire.

You need to familiarize yourself with the different bootmodes so you can understand how to fix your "stuck at yellow triangle" problem. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23747567

As far as the corrupted screen, it would help to know what computer you are using, what Kindle version you are using (and how new it is) and what this so-called "Utilities" is. I guess it could be caused by whatever you used to root your device or it may be due to a newer hardware/software configuration not yet known about.

Personally I've never heard of this issue before, but considering there is one other person here with the same problem it's unlikely that it's just user error.

Figure out how to use fastboot and issue the following command:

Code:
fastboot oem idme bootmode 4000
...and reboot to see if that fixes your problem.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

mughalgxt
Old
Thanks Meter 84
the utility never ran on my 64bit Windows 7 PC hence always followed the steps manually making sure what goes and how:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24129239