Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,608 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing H-BOOTS

Tip us?

cheetodude24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Flashing H-BOOTS

So i flashed the Desire Z H-BOOT on my T-Mobile G2 so I can use sense UI (specifically sense 4.0). Th radio is outdated on the H-BOOT I used and wanted to upgrade. I don't know if this would be a noob question, but can I just flash the regular radio that the G2 gets in the OTA (26.13.04.19_M) or is there a specific radio for the Desire Z so I can use that? I had a problem where I can only hear calls when a headset is plugged in or speaker is turned on. I think its the radio but i searched everywhere and can't find a solution to my problem...

Thanks in advance!

jethro650
Old
Thanks Meter 257

DONATE TO ME
There is a radio thread in the developement forum with all the files and instructions you need, follow them closely. You can flash whichever radio you want in that thread and I don't think there is a clear way to tell which is "best" unless you know someone in your area that has tested the different radios, it depends on your location, carrier, distance from tower, etc. Some give more siganl but drain battery faster, some are battery meisters but siganal is not so good. Try a few and see what works best for you, just remember to follow the instructions carefully.

sent from my Desire Z using XDA premium app
Device: SGN II I-317M
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Perseus
Recovery: TWRP

My evolution: Dext-->Desire Z-->Atrix 4G-->SGSIII-->SGNII

If I have helped give the ole thanks button a click
@darrencoates23 on twitter

cheetodude24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro650 View Post
There is a radio thread in the developement forum with all the files and instructions you need, follow them closely. You can flash whichever radio you want in that thread and I don't think there is a clear way to tell which is "best" unless you know someone in your area that has tested the different radios, it depends on your location, carrier, distance from tower, etc. Some give more siganl but drain battery faster, some are battery meisters but siganal is not so good. Try a few and see what works best for you, just remember to follow the instructions carefully.

hey man thanks for the reply.

i dont know if there are specific radios for the desire z cuz i have the desire z hboot. the radio i flashed is the same one i had when i had the g2 hboot. you think that their might be a radio specifically for the desire z or is the hboot outdated?? ill have to look into that.

thanks again for the reply!

jethro650
Old
Thanks Meter 257

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetodude24 View Post
hey man thanks for the reply.

i dont know if there are specific radios for the desire z cuz i have the desire z hboot. the radio i flashed is the same one i had when i had the g2 hboot. you think that their might be a radio specifically for the desire z or is the hboot outdated?? ill have to look into that.

thanks again for the reply!
No, there are no specific radios just for the desire z. I have the eng hboot 0.84.2000 for the desire z installed, my phone is through Bell Canada but I actually get better reception/battery with a T-Mobile radio, don't remember which one at the moment(been a few months sinse I flashed it). Not sure but I think that is the only eng hboot available, maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in....

Device: SGN II I-317M
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Perseus
Recovery: TWRP

My evolution: Dext-->Desire Z-->Atrix 4G-->SGSIII-->SGNII

If I have helped give the ole thanks button a click
@darrencoates23 on twitter

cheetodude24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Alright thanks bud! I guess my proble might be with the actual hboot. I'll see if I can find an updated version. You know any xda posts where I can find all of the desire z hboots??

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2906
No expert on this, but I don't think an outdated Hboot would cause your earpiece issue. I've never changed from the stock Desire Z Hboot on my phone (purchased Dec 2010) and never had any such issues over multiple ROMs.

Its not clear from your OP, did you flash a new ROM yet, or what ROM are you on? Did you wipe data, cache, and Dalvik before flashing the new ROM?
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

bombadier
Old
Thanks Meter 1682

DONATE TO ME
Agree with Redpoint73,earpiece issue is ROM or hardware,I assume you also wiped the EFS data ? Good practise but not sure will help your problem, no need to "update" your hboot, nothing to be gained.
Wipe your cache and see if that helps,if not try a different ROM ILWT CM 7 is a good effort

cheetodude24
Old
(Last edited by cheetodude24; 26th April 2012 at 03:31 AM.) Reason: Just an update.
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadier View Post
Agree with Redpoint73,earpiece issue is ROM or hardware,I assume you also wiped the EFS data ? Good practise but not sure will help your problem, no need to "update" your hboot, nothing to be gained.
Wipe your cache and see if that helps,if not try a different ROM ILWT CM 7 is a good effort
I know it isnt a hardware problem because ive never dropped my phone into any liquids, nor have i dropped it from a large height. I was running the ICS JIBwich rom thats sense 4.0. Thats when I noticed the problem. I then restored one of my backups (the instructions from virtuousrom.com told me to) and i still had the problem. Im on CM9 beta and still have the problem.

Im pretty sure its a software issue because i saw some other people have the same problem when migrating to the desire z hboot from the g2 one.

i think im just gonna go back the g2 hboot and then try again with the desire z hboot another time. I just want a stable ICS rom wether its sense or not lol. the sense rom was very stable up to the point where i noticed the earpiece problem.

Thanks for the reply though!

EDIT APRIL 25,2012: So i went back to the G2 HBOOT and still have the issue. It can't be a hardware problem because it happened right after I installed the Desire Z HBOOT. Right now im using the G2 Slim v1.6 ROM and i still have the issue. I saw somewhere that someone was running android 2.2 and when updated the problem was fixed, but I want to keep my rooted phone.

Anyway, thanks for your help and Ill keep searching for a solution to my problem.